I don't think I'm receding.... I was just born with a bad hairline. Am I a good hair transplant candidate?

Header says what it says.

Basically I've had what looks like a Norwood 3 since I was a kid. My hair is naturally fairly fine/thin to begin with.

I don't think I've receded at all, but I've been on Finasteride for about 2 years just because if I do start receding I feel like I'm immediately in a lot of trouble.

Over the years I've gotten pretty good at styling my hair around my hairline, but I feel like if I had a normal hairline it would be a gigantic boost to my appearance.

Attached are pictures of me with a buzz cut so you can see my exact hairline and a photo of the back of my head so you can see my donor area. Keep in mind that my hair is faded there so the donor area isn't necessarily that short, just buzzed.

Also some pictures of how I currently style my hair around the hairline. Am I a good transplant candidate? How many grafts might I need?

backofhead.jpg

hairlinetop.jpg

hairlineside.jpg

hairlineside1.jpg

ProfilePicofme.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Stubblephoto.jpg

Edited by Bornwithabadhairline

As trainingday said you are receding and it's good you're already on Fin.

Difficult to see the quality of your donor as the pics aren't very clear.  Do you have any close up pics of your donor when it's longer?

The best thing you can do is try to get a consultation with a surgeon. They'll be able to assess your situation much better than we can.

• Valued Contributor

Good that you are on fin since long which would help you preserve your grafts for long ..you receded a bit and thats natural...can't see your donor very clearly from this pics but it seems you are a fit candidate for ht...do consult few doctors from the recommended list here and get their opinions....and whenever you go for a ht don't take your hairline too low..keep it somewhat high cause that would look natural as you were born with high hairline ...best of luck ...keep updating 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023