Hi all! I am day 15 and about to start wearing hats.

2 qs

Can a hat impact your growth if it is too tight and restricts your grafted area? 

Did y’all wear regular baseball caps or snap backs and how did your results come out?

many thanks 

@Ralph kaka,

At day 15, you can wear a loose or a tight fitting at as much as you want and you’re not going to impact rough. The follicles are safe and secured underneath the surface of the scalp and you don’t have anything to worry about in terms of growth, etc.

That to say, just know that wearing a tight fitted cap too long could cause sweating and irritation of the scalp which in turn may delay healing a bit. So in my opinion, wear a hat when you feel it’s appropriate but make sure you give yourself plenty of breathing time.

As for the type of hat, I always personally preferred fitted hats but Snapbacks are fine as well. Obviously during the first 10 days or so wearing a snap back May be ideal because you can control how loosely or tightly you were wearing the hat. But at 15 days such as where you are, it shouldn’t matter.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

4 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Ralph kaka,

Dave 15, you can wear a loose or a tight fitting at as much as you want and you’re not going to impact rough. The follicles are safe and secured underneath the surface of the scalp and you don’t have anything to worry about in terms of growth, etc.

at day 15, you can wear a loose or a tight fitting hat as much as you want and you’re not going to impact growth. The follicles are safely secured underneath the surface of the scalp and you don’t have anything to worry about in terms of growth, etc.

That to say, just know that wearing a tight fitted cap too long could cause sweating and irritation of the scalp which in turn may delay healing a bit. So in my opinion, wear a hat when you feel it’s appropriate but make sure you give yourself plenty of breathing time.

As for the type of hat, I always personally preferred fitted hats but Snapbacks are fine as well. Obviously during the first 10 days or so wearing a snap back May be ideal because you can control how loosely or tightly you were wearing the hat. But at 15 days such as where you are, it shouldn’t matter.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

@Rahal Hair Transplant Thanks as usual for an incredibly in depth answer. So appreciated.