Flying After HT?

Hi all,

I am day 8 post op and am going to fly. My bags are kinda heavy lol and even though I am checking them in for the flight i have some questions:

1.) Is it okay to carry bags at this point at the airport? Could it dislodge my grafts if my blood pressure and heart rate goes up from carrying my bags at airport?

2.) Is bending okay at this point? Or do you still have to keep your head over your heart? 

ty so much!

It's great that you're taking your post-op seriously. At this point, you have passed the most critical stages for the potential of dislodging grafts, a study showed that around 5 days your grafts are secure, it would take surgical intervention or deep injury to the skin at this point to dislodge. Continue following the guidelines closely like you have, but you can ease up some of the fears you have, its definitely okay to bend over here and there where its necessary, you don't need to stress so much. Many ppl get on flights even the following day after surgery. 

Goodluck!

• Like 1

Just now, TorontoMan said:

It's great that you're taking your post-op seriously. At this point, you have passed the most critical stages for the potential of dislodging grafts, a study showed that around 5 days your grafts are secure, it would take surgical intervention or deep injury to the skin at this point to dislodge. Continue following the guidelines closely like you have, but you can ease up some of the fears you have, its definitely okay to bend over here and there where its necessary, you don't need to stress so much. Many ppl get on flights even the following day after surgery. 

Goodluck!

Thx @TorontoMan I'm gonna post an update of my scalp and a thread on the doc I went with, he isn't on here much but he was fantastic. So it sounds like carrying a heavy bag can't dislodge the grafts you are saying? 

10 hours ago, Ralph kaka said:

Hi all,

I am day 8 post op and am going to fly. My bags are kinda heavy lol and even though I am checking them in for the flight i have some questions:

1.) Is it okay to carry bags at this point at the airport? Could it dislodge my grafts if my blood pressure and heart rate goes up from carrying my bags at airport?

2.) Is bending okay at this point? Or do you still have to keep your head over your heart? 

ty so much!

You are fine now. Just don’t hit your head anywhere by mistake and you are good.