Looking for a good Afro-hair surgeon between Canada, Europe and Brazil - My current status

Hi,

I have been a lurker here for the past few weeks, but now I’d be interested in having bits of advice and thoughts in regards to the FUE procedure and clinic I can choose, please.

So, just to begin with, I have Afro-Caribbean curly hair and I’m currently losing my follicles around NW III beginning NW VI in my understanding… the pictures below will help make a correct assessment with the most experienced of this forum. My scalp has been thinning aggressively for the past few years and was recently shaved to the skin (unfortunately) and since then my hair is not regrowing the same way if not at all. I was able to partially hide the bald spot thanks to my barber, but now what is done is done. So, I’m reaching out to this community as I’m actively looking for pieces of advice on how to proceed to restore my hairline and density on the top, please. 

HairrestorationnetworkPicture1.thumb.jpg.2f902ab7896b2fcdac942b5f253865e4.jpg

TestCT101464.thumb.jpg.f83a8a1486566381cf678d5b80f1a3aa.jpg

TestCT101451.thumb.jpg.1b8d73feb43193e1b8d2795dd78b2886.jpg

TestCT101450.thumb.jpg.c5bc9d3421f2b9f3b6d290c74ffcd0d4.jpg

TestCTDonorarea.thumb.jpg.b67352235d8f2bb8b39988732aae64e7.jpg

Donor area (Dry)

Hairrestorationnetworkdonorareawet_2.thumb.jpg.67d60553d446c2dc1adddc215d5de3c2.jpg

Donor area (wet)

As you can see the hairline vanished and I’m trying to preserve the donor area as much as possible, especially as I learned that more sessions may be needed. I’m thinking about going to an experienced clinic with Afro-hair either in Canada, Europe, and eventually Brazil. Also, I’m currently on Proscar Finasterid and it has been at least 11 weeks. Before, I used Rogaine Minoxidil (topical) but, that was almost 2.5 years ago and I stopped using it as I didn’t see much result after 4-5 months, I used it irregularly… Now, as I am more aware of the extent of my hair loss and how hair transplant works, I’d be more inclined to try other things, hoping that it’s not too late…

I’ve discovered a couple of good names and resources here in this fantastic network and I’m glad, I have yet to plan virtual meetings with these people, but here a few I’ve learned about were: Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Rahal, Dr. Lupalanzula, Dr. Mwamba, and Dr. Pitella. I’m thinking about having 2500-3000 grafts, so do you think it’s a reasonable number? By the pictures, is my donor area decent to do so? I have been losing my hair for a couple of years now, I recall noticing the decline of my hairline 11 years ago, but that was ‘’superficial’’ I’d say it’s been 6-7 years now that I’ve been suffering from a much more aggressive hair loss with the receding hairline, temp and lack of density as well (the crown recently started, maybe over a year ago now).

If you have any advice and suggestions either about the products I can get aside from Finasterid or clinics and trustable surgeons, please feel free to share, this will be a great help. 

Thanks!