How important are the sprays post op?

Hi all,

My clinic gave me some graft enhancement sprays to use for the next week. A few questions.

1.) What difference do these sprays make in graft enhancement/survivability of grafts?

2.) It is a bit hard to hit every single area on my grafted area (zones 1 and 2), how meticulous does one need to be to get the mist from the spray on literally 100% of the grafted area? I am doing it myself so I don't have someone who can look above my head and do it for me.

3.) Do the sprays just enhance the result or are they crucial to grafts being able to survive?

4.) For those of you that did sprays, what was your experience-were you able to spray over the grafted area 100% of the time of did you miss some spots occasionally and had good results?

What spray have you been directed to use?  If I had to guess, it is for moisturizing?  If that is the case, it is good to keep up on top of that task because you can't shower in the immediate aftermath of this type of procedure.

I used to do distilled water in a spray bottle, but the last time I went in the nursing staff recommened Aquaphor, which you can pick up easily at a Walmart or Walgreens:

Aquaphor Ointment Body Spray, 3.7 Oz. Spray Can

Hi 

6 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

What spray have you been directed to use?  If I had to guess, it is for moisturizing?  If that is the case, it is good to keep up on top of that task because you can't shower in the immediate aftermath of this type of procedure.

I used to do distilled water in a spray bottle, but the last time I went in the nursing staff recommened Aquaphor, which you can pick up easily at a Walmart or Walgreens:

Aquaphor Ointment Body Spray, 3.7 Oz. Spray Can

Hi AB2000, thanks for your response! I have been instructed to use follican graft enhacement, see this link: Folicangraft Enhancement

It helps moisturize in addition to giving micronutrients. So I am obviously going to do it as instructed, but I am curious if moisture from the sprays is crucial for the grafts to survive and implant?