Increasing the dosage of finasteride???

bash77

Morning all, i've just read a comment on the balding blog (Dr Rassman) of someone who has decided that 1mg is not doing the business and has increased to 2.5mg!?

Are there many others on this forum who have proceeded like this? Interested to know your results please...

I wonder if it would do any good to the frontal zone!?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been taking Propecia since it has been FDA approved and it has lost or is losing its effectiveness. I'm considering switching to generic finasteride and upping the dose to 1.25mg (1/4 pill) or switching to Avodart. I'd welcome any suggestions.

I know that we all want to get the most hair possible, I can tell everyone that in my 11 years on the drug I went a few years (3 or 4) using Proscar cut into four (1.25 mg), honestly - I don't think it worked any better than the 1 mg pill - Just Cheaper. I went back to the 1 mg pill because I didn't want to risk my wife coming in contact with the cut pills or dander from it. I really would stay away from upping the dosage without a Doctor giving you approval. Remember that this is a hormone adjusting pill. If your DHT is being blocked, then it is being blocked and I would certainly wait until Dr. Rassman publishes a finalized study and then still get your own doctor's approval.

John