Turkey - Norwood 5 recommendations?

Hi there,

This is my first post on the forum, however, I’ve been checking the forum regularly for a few years now for advice and reassurance. Thank you to all that post, it’s actually really comforting to know this community exists and people share their stories. It’s definitely helped me through some sleepless nights!

I’m 35, I started thinning at 21, and my hair loss has been gradual over that period. Over the past 5/6 years it’s mostly stabilised to a Norwood 5. I’ve persisted with it for years (combovers, fibres, shaved head) and I’ve decided now is the right time to do something meaningful about it and get a HT to regain some of my confidence c.3500-3800 grafts   

As the prices in the UK are completely unaffordable to me, I’m looking at affordable options in Turkey. I did originally enquire with Dr Bicer (as her work is amazing!) however unfortunately, I think she will be slightly out of my price range - so I’m considering what I understand to be the next best options from peoples recommendations - Dr Gur, Dr Turan and Dr Yaman. 

I was wondering if anyone had any other suitable suggestions? I saw a great result with Euginex in India, but I would have thought that would be even more expensive than Turkey  

I’m keen to avoid any hair mills - so I’m assuming places like Now Hair Time are a no go? 😅

It’s obviously a big decision and investment so I’m eager to make the right decision. Pics below for reference.
  4A319EDE-1A9D-4435-A23C-2986CF992589.thumb.jpeg.24a9741f347632f4fc4f0c0d9aa226a8.jpegAED333E7-16F0-479E-9493-792E9CFDB010.thumb.jpeg.2599f7bbe0754832ba43ff11f52fca45.jpeg71C19232-CC96-4343-AF66-EFFFF9532699.thumb.jpeg.8041f3f496008565b09112c44928a049.jpeg

Thanks in advance for your help. 
Mies87

• Valued Contributor

The results of surgery are permanent. Buying say a car is not permanent. You would be best to pick the surgeon who best matches your hair loss needs and goals and save up. If you're not on medication then that should be your first line option. Surgery is always a last resort. While you are waiting to save up, this time can be used on medication to see how you respond and to do your due diligence in researching potential surgeons. Eugenix, Dr Bicer, Dr Yaman, Dr Gur are all good. Also remember that the costs will more than likely result in a second surgery so again going cheap is a really bad strategy in surgical hair restoration. Doing nothing or shaving your head is always a good option. Take your time and all the best! 👍

• Well Done 1

Definitely scratch off “no hair time” from you’re list. The others are ok, just spend time looking for patient  posted results In as many places as possible. See who’s work you prefer, definitely not a one and done (seldom is) and you’re going to have to watch that crown dipping which is usually indicative of the highest Norwood levels developing. Consider meds if you want to try and retain/strengthen what you have. As mentioned above try the shaving option and see if it’s something you could get used too, doesn’t suit everyone.

If you start the journey down the Ht parth there’s no turning back. This will at least be a 2 step/stage process. It’s absolutely worth saving up to get the best Dr/clinic for you’re particular needs.

Do as much homework/research as you can. Don’t listen to any one individual, suggestions can be given but you’re already on track, well apart from the mention of now hair time which nobody would be risking (tech driven) 

Edited by BRITA-XL

Thanks all for the quick responses. 

My hair loss is the same pattern as my grandfather so I’m expecting it to go slightly lower at the back, and thinner on the nape, however, he still has a good donor area and hair on the sides at 89. 

I’ve been using minoxidil spray for over 10 years or so. It’s definitely helped to slow down my hair loss but never been able to reverse. I also tried propecia at the start of my journey but I experienced awful side affects so I definitely wouldn’t try that again. At the moment, I am looking into using the minoxidil spray with topical finasteride as I understand the chances of side affects are much lower or PRP. 

I accept I’ll probably need a 2nd HT to complete the back and fill in any areas which recede further, but doing something to the front as a starting point would really help boost my confidence. 

I’ve been really impressed by some of Dr Yamans recent work - although it looks like he does more grafts per day than some of the others. Should this be a concern? 

Of the Dr’s you listed I think Gur has a package in which he does everything himself whereas Yaman / Turan have tech involvement for some steps. Which may go some way to explain the ability to perform larger procedures over 1 day. Don’t be put off by tech involvement, some are highly skilled and done rightly they can be a big asset.  Focus on the clinic and their previous results rather than just the Dr.

I agree with the 2 procedure approach. It’s far less risky. Don’t be focused on Turkey either. There are a lot of decent clinics to consider. Start reaching out now and get a feel for how Drs would approach your case. You’ll be amazed how much they differ. 

9 hours ago, Mies87 said:

Hi there,

This is my first post on the forum, however, I’ve been checking the forum regularly for a few years now for advice and reassurance. Thank you to all that post, it’s actually really comforting to know this community exists and people share their stories. It’s definitely helped me through some sleepless nights!

I’m 35, I started thinning at 21, and my hair loss has been gradual over that period. Over the past 5/6 years it’s mostly stabilised to a Norwood 5. I’ve persisted with it for years (combovers, fibres, shaved head) and I’ve decided now is the right time to do something meaningful about it and get a HT to regain some of my confidence c.3500-3800 grafts   

As the prices in the UK are completely unaffordable to me, I’m looking at affordable options in Turkey. I did originally enquire with Dr Bicer (as her work is amazing!) however unfortunately, I think she will be slightly out of my price range - so I’m considering what I understand to be the next best options from peoples recommendations - Dr Gur, Dr Turan and Dr Yaman. 

I was wondering if anyone had any other suitable suggestions? I saw a great result with Euginex in India, but I would have thought that would be even more expensive than Turkey  

I’m keen to avoid any hair mills - so I’m assuming places like Now Hair Time are a no go? 😅

It’s obviously a big decision and investment so I’m eager to make the right decision. Pics below for reference.
  4A319EDE-1A9D-4435-A23C-2986CF992589.thumb.jpeg.24a9741f347632f4fc4f0c0d9aa226a8.jpegAED333E7-16F0-479E-9493-792E9CFDB010.thumb.jpeg.2599f7bbe0754832ba43ff11f52fca45.jpeg71C19232-CC96-4343-AF66-EFFFF9532699.thumb.jpeg.8041f3f496008565b09112c44928a049.jpeg

Mies87

For affordable and safe options in Turkey...Yaman, Gur and Turan would be your best options. Plus Dr Demirsoy..They would give you a nice result without having to spend so much money like you would have to do with other expemsive clinics. So they are safe value for money options.
Eugenix is also good for higher norwoods which has also some lower packages where they are more afforable than the premium ones.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/26/2023 at 1:06 AM, Mies87 said:

Hi there,

Mies87

HDC with Dr. Maras or Dr. Vryonidou is a great option worth considering for your case. They produce some really great results and i think they are affordable too.

They are recommended in this forum too.

• Valued Contributor

@Mies87

It is unfortunate to inform you that your approach to finding a good surgeon is wrong. It is not wise to look for a surgeon based on their location, because it will eliminate all other good options you have available to you. As there are good doctors in Turkey, and even in other parts of the world, it makes sense to look for a good surgeon regardless of your location preferences, which gives you a wide range of options.

The most important part of the whole process is your surgeon and you are doing yourself no good by limiting your choices for that.

Consider prioritizing the quality of the surgeon over location preferences to access a wider range of expertise.

I hope this helps you..Best of luck.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thank you for your input. I wouldn’t agree with your statement that my “approach is wrong”. Nevertheless, I do appreciate your comments  

I have actually been researching for a few years now. I’ve spoken to clinics in the UK, Ireland, Turkey, Latvia, Spain but unfortunately due to my budget, Turkey seems the most likely destination.

I’m not limiting the search to just Turkey but for the number of grafts I require, a good surgeon in Turkey would appear to offer the best value. If anyone has any other recommendations I am happy to investigate further. 

In an ideal world, with a higher budget, I would love to go with a clinic in the UK and have the convenience of less travelling, however, the prices here are very high and we all have to work within our means and constraints.

34 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Mies87

It is unfortunate to inform you that your approach to finding a good surgeon is wrong. It is not wise to look for a surgeon based on their location, because it will eliminate all other good options you have available to you. As there are good doctors in Turkey, and even in other parts of the world, it makes sense to look for a good surgeon regardless of your location preferences, which gives you a wide range of options.

The most important part of the whole process is your surgeon and you are doing yourself no good by limiting your choices for that.

Consider prioritizing the quality of the surgeon over location preferences to access a wider range of expertise.

I hope this helps you..Best of luck.

7 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Mies87

You welcome brother...there are some good budget options you can consider..do some more research and you will find many good budget options you can look at..

Thank you for your honest response. It is much appreciated. This community is very helpful! Wishing you all the best with your own progress.