Saline vs ointment after surgery

It seems different surgeons have different post op routines. For those of you that have had surgery was wondering what your doc advised. In particular, am curious as to how some docs use a thick viscous ointment after surgery that looks like petroleum jelly to me and how others recommend saline spray every 2-4 hours.

What have your post op experiences been and is there anything you would have done differently looking back?

On 4/14/2023 at 9:12 PM, consequence said:

It seems different surgeons have different post op routines. For those of you that have had surgery was wondering what your doc advised. In particular, am curious as to how some docs use a thick viscous ointment after surgery that looks like petroleum jelly to me and how others recommend saline spray every 2-4 hours.

What have your post op experiences been and is there anything you would have done differently looking back?

So I am new to this, I just had my first due 2000 grafts from Arocha in Houston. They gave me basically Neosporin, an antibacterial petroleum jelly for the back. They didnt give me any saline spray, but per the forums guidance I have been spraying the recipient area every few hours for the first few days. I think its a good call to do both of these remedies. 

• Like 1