Dr Yaman - second hair transplant NW6/7

• Valued Contributor

@Dazzler123

I understand your concern, my friend, but assessing the results of a hair transplant can be quite premature at this stage. Transplanted hair typically takes around 9 months to fully grow and then matures over the next 3 to 5 months. So, I would advise reserving judgment for at least another 3 months. After 9 months(poat op), the situation will become much clearer.

Imho Even if everything grows, you may not achieve high density since your grafts are not densely packed but rather spread out across your scalp. You mentioned that you asked dr yaman to give you density in the front, so it's puzzling why Dr. Yaman planned to spread it out rather than giving density in front. Only he can answer this, there might be some communication issues in this.

For now, I recommend waiting for all the transplanted hairs to grow, and then reassess your situation. Even if it doesn't initially look very dense, if all the transplanted hairs survive, that's a win. Later on, you can consider improving your frontal density with around 2.5k grafts if your donor area permits it.

Consulting with Dr. Pittela might be a good idea. Keep in mind that he has a long waiting list, so reaching out to him at this stage could be beneficial in case you decide to go with him after a year.

I hope this helps you. Best of luck.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Dazzler123 said:

Thank you for responding. I just went ahead with what Dr Yaman suggested.

If you look at my first question all those month ago if I should proceed with Dr Yaman, I specifically mentioned that density is what I am aiming for rather than covering the entire area. This was communicated to the Dr Yaman aswell, however he said that we will be able to achieve maximum result as the donor site looks good. The area that you mentioned was actually looked at during day 1 of the surgery where grafts were taken from the back and one side of my head. On Day two the green circle you have marked was worked on using the right hand side of the donor site plus 640 grafts from the beard. See attached picture. 

Are you suggesting that I should not expect a good result even though I am at 6months and 17 days at the moment? I am disappointed so far and literally it took me 9 years to push myself for the second surgery (split in two days). Is it slow growth or can I just expect a poor result? Have you come across anyone who has faced a similar concern. Thanks 

Just to clarify: I was talking about your case in general. It certainly could have been the Dr pushing you towards this and I wasn't trying to suggest it was your fault. Also as others have mentioned, you will still get some improvement over the next few months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Thank you all for your feedback and comments. I will wait it out for another 3 months. Do you think if I should start finasteride and will that improve my results or does that not matter? I am taking vitamins, saw palmetto etc.

Yes, I did ask for density. All my messages to Dr Yaman even before the surgery and at his clinic was about density. He mentioned that my donor looks far better than he expected with multiples and he can get me a better coverage plus the 640 from the beard. 

I will wait it out and see - then decide in 3 months time if I need another transplant if my donor allows it. It could be slow growth, not sure tbh but when I look at it, there isn’t much of a difference from my first transplant and that disappoints me. But I want to believe in the process and give it time.  

On 10/9/2023 at 6:58 PM, Dazzler123 said:

Thank you all for your feedback and comments. I will wait it out for another 3 months. Do you think if I should start finasteride and will that improve my results or does that not matter? I am taking vitamins, saw palmetto etc.

Yes, I did ask for density. All my messages to Dr Yaman even before the surgery and at his clinic was about density. He mentioned that my donor looks far better than he expected with multiples and he can get me a better coverage plus the 640 from the beard. 

I will wait it out and see - then decide in 3 months time if I need another transplant if my donor allows it. It could be slow growth, not sure tbh but when I look at it, there isn’t much of a difference from my first transplant and that disappoints me. But I want to believe in the process and give it time.  

Right now for 7 months after surgery thie result is definitely conserning and i understand totally your dissapointment. Right now you have to wait for the 12 months mark with the hope that you are a slo grower. You can try finasteride but if the grafts didnt survive the surgery medication wont help much. After 12 months if it stays like this you difinitely need to speak with the clinic to have an explanation about this results.

• 1 month later...