Scheduling anxiety, help?

1 hour ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Trying to send you a PM but it seems I cant.

It should be enabled now. I forgot that I'd disabled my inbox due to receiving spam. Sorry about that. :)

• Like 1

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000FU, Summer 2023

10 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Still cant, can you try and send me one so I reply you back?

Done. Sorry for the trouble. I don't see any other settings to change, but I'll keep looking until I hear back from you.

• Like 1

Maybe ask Melvin to see if there is a glitch with your messaging function.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Maybe ask Melvin to see if there is a glitch with your messaging function.

We got it working, but thanks for the advice! I think the settings change just took a minute to go into effect.

• Like 1

Can you draw what your ideal hairline would look like and take a picture? With your choice being somewhat atypical, this will be extremely important to bring to your consultation.

Out of curiosity, why do you want a feminine hairline? If you are in a transgender situation, strip is probably better decision because scar is no longer an issue and the estrogen/hormones you take will curtail future recession dramatically.

If you aren't going that path, the more aggressive ("femine") your hairline, the harder it will be to keep up with by filling grafts behind, especially if you're not not on dutasteride/minoxidil/keto.

The best at hairlines in North America is Konior, especially if considering strip.

1 hour ago, gaz9318054 said:

We got it working, but thanks for the advice! I think the settings change just took a minute to go into effect.

Oh, that’s good it’s working…sometimes a simple reboot clears things up.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

7 minutes ago, consequence said:

Can you draw what your ideal hairline would look like and take a picture? With your choice being somewhat atypical, this will be extremely important to bring to your consultation.

Out of curiosity, why do you want a feminine hairline? If you are in a transgender situation, strip is probably better decision because scar is no longer an issue and the estrogen/hormones you take will curtail future recession dramatically.

If you aren't going that path, the more aggressive ("femine") your hairline, the harder it will be to keep up with by filling grafts behind, especially if you're not not on dutasteride/minoxidil/keto.

The best at hairlines in North America is Konior, especially if considering strip.

I don't have an ideal hairline in mind in terms of design. What works for someone else doesn't necessarily work well for me, and I'm no artist. :) That said, I did try to find some examples of the general idea and posted them earlier in this thread, but I assume you've seen those already.

I plan to trust Dr. Rahal to advise on an androgynous design, while I focus on communicating my concerns and goals.

No longer considering strip. I understand the pros and cons and have decided on this path.

19 minutes ago, gaz9318054 said:

While distance is not a major factor in choosing the surgeon, he is within driving distance for me and I am not willing to fly to have this procedure.

It sounds like distance is a massive factor then. I'm not going to link specific cases but some of his patient posted results have caused me serious concern in the past.

4 minutes ago, consequence said:

It sounds like distance is a massive factor then. I'm not going to link specific cases but some of his patient posted results have caused me serious concern in the past.

This comment is not helpful. Please be more sensitive in threads which are specifically about discussing anxiety.

That said, no surgeon produces optimal results every time. I've spent countless hours reviewing the work of dozens of "top" surgeons (all the ones this forum seems to swoon over) and all of them had cases that didn't go so well. In additional to skill and expertise with different types of hair loss patterns, there is also the matter of ethics and integrity to consider.

At the end of the day, selecting a surgeon is a leap of faith. While some will throw money at the situation, and others will travel to the other side of the globe to _save_ money, I am going with a reputable surgeon who is ethical, within my budget, who specializes in my hair loss pattern, and who I won't have to fly half way around the world to see again for touch-ups, a second procedure down the road, etc.

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

21 hours ago, gaz9318054 said:

This comment is not helpful. Please be more sensitive in threads which are specifically about discussing anxiety.

That said, no surgeon produces optimal results every time. I've spent countless hours reviewing the work of dozens of "top" surgeons (all the ones this forum seems to swoon over) and all of them had cases that didn't go so well. In additional to skill and expertise with different types of hair loss patterns, there is also the matter of ethics and integrity to consider.

At the end of the day, selecting a surgeon is a leap of faith. While some will throw money at the situation, and others will travel to the other side of the globe to _save_ money, I am going with a reputable surgeon who is ethical, within my budget, who specializes in my hair loss pattern, and who I won't have to fly half way around the world to see again for touch-ups, a second procedure down the road, etc.

So you posted to look for an echo chamber in where people just tell you everything is going to be okay? Don't demagogue your own health.

I'm not going to lie about my personal opinion if you're asking for feedback. Not taking action is not always "anxiety" or "analysis paralysis", it can also be a legitimately good decision. Sometimes the best course of action is not to just do something but stand there.

If you're dead set against Europe, the surgeon in North America with the best track record for the softer rounded temples you seek is Konior. Rahal tends to go back straight into patient's native temples without as much rebuilding. Both have similar success rates with FUE, not as good as Hasson or the European folks but better than most North Americans.

It is very dangerous to make permanent hair transplant decisions based on geographic convenience. Better to wait till you have the funds and resources to decide based on patient posted cases. Especially as your hair is so fine.

Good luck with your procedure regardless of where you go.

Edited by consequence

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2023 at 2:32 PM, consequence said:

So you posted to look for an echo chamber in where people just tell you everything is going to be okay? Don't demagogue your own health.

I'm not going to lie about my personal opinion if you're asking for feedback. Not taking action is not always "anxiety" or "analysis paralysis", it can also be a legitimately good decision. Sometimes the best course of action is not to just do something but stand there.

If you're dead set against Europe, the surgeon in North America with the best track record for the softer rounded temples you seek is Konior. Rahal tends to go back straight into patient's native temples without as much rebuilding. Both have similar success rates with FUE, not as good as Hasson or the European folks but better than most North Americans.

It is very dangerous to make permanent hair transplant decisions based on geographic convenience. Better to wait till you have the funds and resources to decide based on patient posted cases. Especially as your hair is so fine.

Good luck with your procedure regardless of where you go.

Who is the European surgeon you would recommend for soft hairlines?