Progress at 5.5 months...not sure how to feel

EricK

I know this question comes up a lot and I also know patience is key, but I'd like to get some opinions on how my progress is coming along. I had a total of 4,000 grafts spread over my scalp (1,600 in the front, 400 in mid, and 2,000 in crown). I'm about 5.5 months in and, while I've noticed growth and people have told me that my hairline has improved, I just don't know if I'm where I need to be. Just for background, I've also been using topical minoxidil/finasteride since two weeks post procedure (currently dealing with dandruff as a result) and did PRP injections the first three months post procedure. 

Here are some pics before transplant, during transplant, 3 months after transplant, and 5.5 months after transplant. As you can see, I haven't seen tremendous amount of growth in crown area which used to be completely bald, but I obviously see some hair growth. 

Transplant 1.jpg

Transplant 2.jpg

Transplant 3.jpg

Transplant 4.png

Way too early to get concerned or to try to evaluate procedure. You are right that patience is the key—and for good reason. Growth rates vary considerably—there may be many hidden buds ready to sprout. I see growth and refinement even after a year—it may not be as dramatic as first 10 months but positive change is possible after that initial growth period. Everything is just speculation at this point and it will not change eventual outcome in any event. Relax and try to enjoy the ride.

Edited by Mountinvan