Scabbing after hair transplant

21 minutes ago, Lee esposito said:

Hi

It’s  day 10 for me after my hair transplant. Scabs aren’t really shifting, nervous to touch them. I’ve read it’s quite important to get rid of them to allow grafts to breathe. Just shampooing with sebamed shampoo. 

3E99E091-1C0E-492F-AD00-72E9845E3AE4.jpeg

706341DF-A9A8-4765-AB04-B5C468F199E8.jpeg

Hair doesn't 'breathe' like a plant. Hair get zero oxygen or anything else from the air. It get all of that from the blood supply. Still you should of course get rid of the scabs soon to give the hairs room to grow. Some say 10 days some say 14 days. 

In regards to being scared of touching them, they are pretty well locked in now and you won't loose them by just touching them.

• Thanks 1

At day 10 the grafts are secure.

When you're showering let the water run over your head and really soak it for several minutes.  Then cover the scabs with a good amount of hair conditioner and let it sit on the scabs for 5 minutes. Then massage the scabs gently and then rinse off for several minutes under the shower.

My scabs went after doing this 2-3 times

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

As @jay80 said. Were you instructed to spray your grafts post op regularly? Either way just let lather up the shampoo and let it soak into your scalp. Leave it there for 30 minutes and slowly/gently massage the scabs. You may find you need to do this several times or over a couple of days. The grafts would need surgery to come out by this stage. All the best!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vance7 said:

My scabbing all seemed to come off within a two day period after around two weeks. Pretty sure that was helped by being able to have normal showers again

Mine too just around there.