Periodic Sheds on Finasteride

Hello Everyone! 

I wanted to share my slightly strange experience with finasteride, and get your views on the same.

So 16 month ago, right after my 1st Hair Transplant, I started using finasteride (I was grade 4V, diffused pattern, aged 23 🥲). I also used multivitamins for 3 months and took periodic PRP sessions. 

After the 1st month, my crown and mid-scalp (not touched by transplant) got worse, but then at the 5 month mark, I saw some significant results. Mid-scalp was almost completely covered and crown improved a lot too. 

However, soon thereafter, I started shedding again, and by the end of 7 months, almost all the progress in my midscalp and crown was lost. 

Now it's been almost 16 months on finasteride (1 mg daily), and my midscalp and crown haven't really improved much. Mid-scalp is exactly the same (or maybe even a tad thinner) than it was prior to starting finasteride. 

Does it mean that I am not responding well to finasteride, or can I expect more improvement in the coming few months? Has anybody else experienced such periodic sheds on finasteride? 

Thanks!