Final decision, bad 2500 FUE and diffuse hair loss, 25 years old, need your help

Hello the forum, 
First of all, thank you to each of you, what seems to be simple answers to posts are very important to me, because these tips allow me to make the right choice. 
I did a bad hair transplant with 2500 ( maybe 2000) grafts at Maison Médicale Auguste Renoir Paris, but the front line is straight, pluggy, and the hair is misaligned. So, a month ago, I had planned to densify to 1000 grafts without removing anything, but thanks to your advice, I realized that it may not be the best thing to do. 
So now I wanted to know what you think. 

I have a huge diffuse hair loss, in 1 year I had to lose 30% of my hair mass, so I have been taking oral minoxidil 2,5mg per day, and 0,5mg finasteride per day for 1 month. 
Today, I live very badly this experience of failed transplant, and I wonder if the best is :
- Correct the graft with a repair expert, and extract all the misdirected hair (at least 500)
- Do nothing for the moment, and repair in 1 or 2 years (but in reality, why wait, might as well repair now, it's the same thing, isn't it? )

I have also a big question : 
- Do i have hope for regrowth these area with medication ? 

I attach some pictures, I am at a stage where with the flash we can see the diffuse loss, but otherwise it can pass, even if I feel the lack of density. 
Thanks in advance to the forum for your precious advice

unnamed (1).png

unnamed (2).png

unnamed.jpeg

unnamed.png

• Valued Contributor

Wait for medication to work for atleast 8 months ..u cn even consider prp therapy which is very helpful in diffuse thinning ..so prp along with the medication will make your grafts fuller and thicker and will give you a very good coverage ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you friends, 
My shedding was really impressive, I hope to have a regrowth.
The worst thing about my failed hair transplant is that the hair is straight up, do you think the doctor can remove it even if there are 800 to remove? 

Can you also share your photos while your head is dry? That would open a door for more health suggestion for you.

Hair transplant procedures can be a delicate process and can require a lot of expertise and experience to achieve the desired results. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your hair transplant procedure. Let me address your concerns and questions.

Firstly, it is good that you have started taking oral minoxidil and finasteride for your diffuse hair loss. These medications have been proven to be effective in treating hair loss and promoting hair growth in many patients. However, it is important to note that the results may vary from person to person, and it may take some time to see visible results.

Regarding your options for correcting the misdirected hair, there are a few things to consider. If you decide to go for a repair procedure, it is important to choose an experienced and skilled hair transplant surgeon who specializes in repairing previous hair transplant procedures. The surgeon may recommend extracting the misdirected hair and transplanting new hair grafts to correct the hairline and density. However, it is also important to note that repair procedures can be more complicated and risky than primary hair transplant procedures, and the success rate may be lower. It is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits of the procedure with your surgeon before making a decision, and not every surgeon is capable of doing repair transplant.

As for your question about regrowing the area with medication, oral minoxidil and finasteride can help promote hair growth, but their effectiveness may be limited in areas where hair follicles have been damaged or lost. Finally, regarding the removal of the straight hair, it is possible to remove them, but it may require a careful and precise extraction process to avoid damaging the surrounding hair follicles. Again, it is important to choose an experienced and skilled hair transplant surgeon to perform this procedure. In summary, it is important to carefully consider all your options. Wish you a quick and effective recovery from this!

Edited by Dr. Guncel Ozturk

22 minutes ago, Dr. Guncel Ozturk said:

Can you also share your photos while your head is dry? That would open a door for more health suggestion for you.

Hair transplant procedures can be a delicate process and can require a lot of expertise and experience to achieve the desired results. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your hair transplant procedure. Let me address your concerns and questions.

Firstly, it is good that you have started taking oral minoxidil and finasteride for your diffuse hair loss. These medications have been proven to be effective in treating hair loss and promoting hair growth in many patients. However, it is important to note that the results may vary from person to person, and it may take some time to see visible results.

Regarding your options for correcting the misdirected hair, there are a few things to consider. If you decide to go for a repair procedure, it is important to choose an experienced and skilled hair transplant surgeon who specializes in repairing previous hair transplant procedures. The surgeon may recommend extracting the misdirected hair and transplanting new hair grafts to correct the hairline and density. However, it is also important to note that repair procedures can be more complicated and risky than primary hair transplant procedures, and the success rate may be lower. It is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits of the procedure with your surgeon before making a decision, and not every surgeon is capable of doing repair transplant.

As for your question about regrowing the area with medication, oral minoxidil and finasteride can help promote hair growth, but their effectiveness may be limited in areas where hair follicles have been damaged or lost. Finally, regarding the removal of the straight hair, it is possible to remove them, but it may require a careful and precise extraction process to avoid damaging the surrounding hair follicles. Again, it is important to choose an experienced and skilled hair transplant surgeon to perform this procedure. In summary, it is important to carefully consider all your options. Wish you a quick and effective recovery from this!

Thank you doctor for your advice 
Yes, I will only do this repair at a professional. I just hope that my case is repairable, because I have the impression that as far as plug removal is concerned, you can remove a maximum of 300-400 grafts. I have about 1500 misaligned grafts. 
I will send you some pictures with flash (only 1 without flash). During this year, I lost a lot of hair, in addition to the impressive shedding of the oral minoxidil. The middle area was devastated.
The shedding has just calmed down, I hope that the regrowth phase will start. 
Anyway I have to get it fixed, I can't live with it.

unnamed2.jpeg

unnamed3.jpeg

unnamed5.jpeg

unnamed.jpeg

Edited by DavidFrancis

@DavidFrancis,

Personally, I think finasteride would be really helpful for you as you appear to be a diffuse thinner and finasteride is excellent for that. However, you said that you had a previous hair transplant that did not go well. I don’t know how much if any of the existing hair on top of your head has been transected and if that’s the case then finasteride would not help. But I do think it’s worth a shot.  In my opinion, try finasteride for a year and see how much of your natural hair thickens up and then reconsider getting another hair transplant with a surgeon who has a proven track record of producing outstanding results.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant  

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

5 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@DavidFrancis,

Personally, I think finasteride would be really helpful for you as you appear to be a diffuse thinner and finasteride is excellent for that. However, you said that you had a previous hair transplant that did not go well. I don’t know how much if any of the existing hair on top of your head has been transected and if that’s the case then finasteride would not help. But I do think it’s worth a shot.  In my opinion, try finasteride for a year and see how much of your natural hair thickens up and then reconsider getting another hair transplant with a surgeon who has a proven track record of producing outstanding results.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant  

Thank you for your answer I plan to do this, and evaluate my donor area. But can an excellent clinic remove 500 misaligned grafts, or is there a maximum limit?
I have switched to 0.25mg of finasteride per day, as I have lost my morning erection 
Thanks,