Surgery scheduled for December 2023 with dr. De Freitas (approximately 2400 grafts, diffuse thinner) - What do you think?

Kraki77

About me:

Ethnicity: Croatian

Hairloss:  Started gradually when I was about 20 years old but it didn't bother me at the beginning. At first it was visible as frontal recession and significant loss of temple points which was bearable and completely acceptable for my state of mind. However, since diffusion started to affect whole top it has become increasingly difficult to style my hair and I'm wasting to much time in front of the mirror. Crown is intact for now.

Family history:  Father (55) has still some remaining diffuse hair but NW6 pattern is clearly visible. Brother (23) went completely bald quite rapidly when he was 19 which was an absolute shock to me, to the point that I've considered myself lucky that I still have my hair.

Donor area:  Average at best, occipital area looks and feels perfectly fine but temporal areas look visibly thinner, especially the left side.

Medicine: Avodart (Monday and Friday), Proscar 1.25 mg (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday), Oral minoxidil 5 mg (every day).

Positives: Wavy and curly hair that can provide possibly better than average coverage and illusion of density. Fairly good hair to skin ratio that can help achieve aforementioned.

First of all, before I open up about my story I'd really like to say one big thank you to all wonderful members of this community that have changed so many lives without even knowing. There was a time when I was almost that guy that ended up on the table of some hair mill in Turkey. Emotional toll was quite intense and obviously when you're younger you want to solve things quickly. Luckily, this site came to my knowledge as I was starting to research this thing below the surface. And suddenly I've realised that I'm making tremendous mistake in my mind. 

That was a time also when there was some debate whether it makes sense to go for a hair transplant if you're thinning diffusely. It was all too much for me sometimes and I've managed to distract myself with other things. Soon it dawned on me that I first have to accept myself entirely, find peace within me, work out to be in the best shape possible and do so many other things that I love. After being able to accomplish and maintain those goals the decision was made to pamper myself with hair transplant.

It wasn't an easy road to take. Being born and raised in relatively conservative community there was a lot of disbelief when I would start to talk about this theme. My parents are still against it and just cannot accept my line of thinking. There's still that stigma like you're talking about something extraordinary or entirely new. Of course, I'm talking about Croatia, that probably isn't the case for most of the viewers of this site.

I did my research and my choice fell on three great surgeons. Bruno Ferreira, Bruno Pinto, Rafael de Freitas. Bruno Ferreira was my personal favorite and when I saw how meticulous he is with his responses I almost booked date for procedure with him. However, when offer arrived it turned out that prices went higher, outside of my comfort zone. And price shouldn't be main criteria, I agree, but when you have surgeons with similar pedigree you can allow yourself to use price as an deciding factor. 

Bruno Pinto and his coordinator Emilio were also immensely helpful by offering some new views and advices. They've suggested to wait because I've got some kind of minor temporal diffusion which potentially means further substantial loss in the future. At that point in time finasteride was only substance that I was using so they suggested to start with oral minoxidil and dutasteride so that my case can be revaluated later.

However, I wasn't willing to wait anymore. I understand that I'm still relatively young and that possibly more than two procedures will be a necessity in the future. Thing that bothers me the most about frontal recession is how it has really changed my appearance for worse. It really made my forehead appear bigger than it used to be to the point that many people started to comment about it. Elite surgeon can do wonders in that regard by framing the face accordingly in the most pleasing way, aesthetically.

I'm not expecting wonders, even with all of this medicine that I'm taking further loss is still fairly obvious and ongoing. There's not much more that I can do against it and that fact alone gives me significant peace of mind.

Without further ado, feel free to comment as I'd like to hear opinion from the community. This is just a beginning of the journey and plan is to catalogue entire process for other generations to see.

1676663092409.jpg

1676663092439.jpg

1676663092424.jpg

FRONT 2.jpg

FRONT 1.jpg

• Valued Contributor

De freitas is excellent surgeon ...bt i guess 2400 grafts wont be necessary unless u want to lower your hairline ...bdw u shud also try prp therapy ...it works specially in diffuse thinning ...u cn also consider dr munib ahmad 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Surprised you're labelling yourself a diffuse thinner, it's not apparant from these pictures. Anyway I think you're an excellent candidate for some frontal work, though 2400 grafts does sound a little high but I guess you're looking to lower the hairline quite a bit? 

What does Ferreira charge per graft now?