My Regimen

A couple of people have asked what my regimen has been post-op. So here goes:

My regiment is pretty simple:

1. Apply Rogaine Foam 5% after shower and dry hair (morning)

2. (1) 1000mg Fish Oil with 300mg Omega 3 pill (morning)

3. (2) Glucosamine HCL 1500mg with MSM 1500mg pills (morning)

4. (1) Vitamin C 1000mg with Rose Hips pill (morning)

5. (1) Premium Performance Multivitamin (mid-day)

5. Snack on oatmeal, nuts, fruit, and vegetables everyday including meals

6. After the gym have (2) scoops of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey

7. Use Jason Natural Biotin Shampoo& Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner (evening)

8. Apply Rogaine Foam 5% after shower and dry hair (evening)

9. (2) 1000mg Fish Oil with 300mg Omega 3 pill (evening for a total of 3000mg)

10. (2) Glucosamine HCL 1500mg with MSM 1500mg pills (evening)

11. (1) Vitamin C 1000mg with Rose Hips pill (evening)

12. 1.25mg of Proscar nightly for four nights, skipping the fifth night

I still apply Rogaine Foam 5% twice a day per Dr. Rahal's instructions. I take a total of 3000mg of MSM a day and 3000mg of Fish Oil a day, but split it up between the morning and evening??”this was recommended to me. The Vitamin C amount is overdoing it (especially with the multi), but I haven't had a cold in years. All my vitamins I get from Costco and are the Kirkland brand. I take my quartered proscar every night for four nights and skip the fifth to get the 1-mg recommended a day.

I wash my hair every other night due to dryness with the above mentioned natural products. I used Aubrey Organics Pure Aloe Vera 4-oz. about an hour before my showers at night to help with the dryness and pinkness of the recipient zone until about the 3.5-month mark. I also used lily of the desert Skin Soothing Aloe Gel (Aloe 80 Organics) on the recipient area as well.

For the scar, I began putting vitamin-e oil on it around the 5- or 6-week mark (once it was healed) every second or third night until around the 4-month mark. I should probably get back in that habit!

Going to the gym increases blood flow and growth and it relieves stress for me. I waited until after six weeks to go back and worked my way back up to normal lifting levels now. The two scoops of Optimum Nutrition Whey I take after the gym has 48-grams of protein with 240 calories (if you are working out, you will not gain weight with these addtional calories). I usually eat eggs, chicken and tuna fish several times a week for additional protein, again which promotes growth.

So, there it is long winded and all. If you have any questions, let me know.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

A couple of people have asked what my regimen has been post-op. So here goes:

My regiment is pretty simple:

1. Apply Rogaine Foam 5% after shower and dry hair (morning)

2. (1) 1000mg Fish Oil with 300mg Omega 3 pill (morning)

3. (2) Glucosamine HCL 1500mg with MSM 1500mg pills (morning)

4. (1) Vitamin C 1000mg with Rose Hips pill (morning)

5. (1) Premium Performance Multivitamin (mid-day)

5. Snack on oatmeal, nuts, fruit, and vegetables everyday including meals

6. After the gym have (2) scoops of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey

7. Use Jason Natural Biotin Shampoo& Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner (evening)

8. Apply Rogaine Foam 5% after shower and dry hair (evening)

9. (2) 1000mg Fish Oil with 300mg Omega 3 pill (evening for a total of 3000mg)

10. (2) Glucosamine HCL 1500mg with MSM 1500mg pills (evening)

11. (1) Vitamin C 1000mg with Rose Hips pill (evening)

12. 1.25mg of Proscar nightly for four nights, skipping the fifth night

I still apply Rogaine Foam 5% twice a day per Dr. Rahal's instructions. I take a total of 3000mg of MSM a day and 3000mg of Fish Oil a day, but split it up between the morning and evening??”this was recommended to me. The Vitamin C amount is overdoing it (especially with the multi), but I haven't had a cold in years. All my vitamins I get from Costco and are the Kirkland brand. I take my quartered proscar every night for four nights and skip the fifth to get the 1-mg recommended a day.

I wash my hair every other night due to dryness with the above mentioned natural products. I used Aubrey Organics Pure Aloe Vera 4-oz. about an hour before my showers at night to help with the dryness and pinkness of the recipient zone until about the 3.5-month mark. I also used lily of the desert Skin Soothing Aloe Gel (Aloe 80 Organics) on the recipient area as well.

For the scar, I began putting vitamin-e oil on it around the 5- or 6-week mark (once it was healed) every second or third night until around the 4-month mark. I should probably get back in that habit!

Going to the gym increases blood flow and growth and it relieves stress for me. I waited until after six weeks to go back and worked my way back up to normal lifting levels now. The two scoops of Optimum Nutrition Whey I take after the gym has 48-grams of protein with 240 calories (if you are working out, you will not gain weight with these addtional calories). I usually eat eggs, chicken and tuna fish several times a week for additional protein, again which promotes growth.

So, there it is long winded and all. If you have any questions, let me know.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Actually, one of the biggest drawbacks for me at the moment is missing my regular circuits classes ... I can feel the flab coming. I'm looking forward to getting back to the burpees, planks and squats! Six weeks seems a long time.

Chicago - what a great city. Stayed with some friends in Avondale a few years back and went to some blues clubs. Obviously.

Keep growing!

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website