Liquids rules when departing Istanbul Airport?

Has anyone recently flown back home post surgery via Istanbul Airport (IST)? Does security allow allow people who have had a HT to carry their post-op medications/liquids (special shampoos, creams,  etc) on as hand luggage? Normal rules, which I believe apply in Turkey too, is you can only carry on liquids up to 100ml each. 

Now I could pack them in my checked in luggage, but of course there is a risk the luggage goes missing. But equally don’t want to check my main bag in and then get to security and be told I can’t take them in my hand luggage.  When I had my first procedure in 2016 and went via Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen airport they allowed it, but I’m not sure about IST airport and current policy?

4 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Send it to cabin baggage. I was able to take my 100ml saline spray with me on the flight, but anything else goes in the plane's carriage. Don't get paranoid over losing the baggage, just relax and go with the flow. 

Agreed. I wasn’t overly paranoid but I wasn’t sure what the norm was these days and if it was permitted then would make sense to do it. I did ask at the clinic today and they suggested I’d have to put it in my checked luggage so I’ll do that.