I'm considering starting medication soon

The only supplement I take is biotin but if anything that improves hair quality and does nothing for hair loss. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Valued Contributor

The only two drugs which show positive result in hair growth and hair fall are minoxidil and finasteride ..other suppliments like biotin  ,zinc ,iron etc just helps in improve hair quality and texture ...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

This is an age old, beaten down question and honestly I wish it would stop coming up. The things you mentioned don't work, if they did work you would certainly know more about it and we wouldn't have all these scientific studies, trials and literature concerning medical therapies. The appeal to nature fallacy also makes little sense. When people talk about saw palmetto they like to refer to it as the "natural" way to reduce DHT, if it is reducing dht anyway, why would it matter if it was a plant that does that or a drug created for that reason? You would sill be reducing your DHT levels which is what you need to do if you want to keep your hair. I think the general public have a bad relationship with certain ideas of medication simply because we do not understand them and ideas of doing things the "naturally" don't always come with merit. 

You will waste your time with the things you mentioned as they are not clinically nor anecdotally proven to do anything for your hair. The reality is the things that are proven to work are medical therapies such as finasteride, dutasteride, minxidil etc. You will have to come to terms with that if you foresee keeping your hair important to you

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

5 hours ago, Hah6788887 said:

Has anyone had any luck with any natural things like saw palmetto, pumpkin seed oil supplements etc? 

to be honest i'm really surprised you aren't already on meds. From your numerous post-op Bisanga posts its clear your surgery is a huge investment to you (as it should be), so its a bit head-scratching you aren't on a DHT med already....

1 hour ago, TorontoMan said:

This is an age old, beaten down question and honestly I wish it would stop coming up

agree. so sick of the DHT med question. Not just on HRN, but for all the forums, I wish the DHT med question could just be stickied. 

It's a very straightforward question/topic, but apparently people like to dig in their heels and go in circles about it. 

15 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

to be honest i'm really surprised you aren't already on meds. From your numerous post-op Bisanga posts its clear your surgery is a huge investment to you (as it should be), so its a bit head-scratching you aren't on a DHT med already....

agree. so sick of the DHT med question. Not just on HRN, but for all the forums, I wish the DHT med question could just be stickied. 

It's a very straightforward question/topic, but apparently people like to dig in their heels and go in circles about it. 

I haven't jumped on it because in the past i had a very bad reaction to a medication. It wasn't for hair loss. So I'm very cautious with what I put in my body and try to try natural things before I jump on medication. I am consider medication now though. 

My surgery with dr bisanga was a huge investment. I do want to provide more details and photos about that soon. Just been very busy to write up a really detailed post. I'm a naturally really hairy person. I actually had about 330 grafts take from my leg as well and implanted on my scalp as I wanted to know if those hairs would grow as Dr bisanga saw the hairs and said they look promising. So thats another potential thousands of grafts I may have available as my donor is used up. I also believe I still have a lot of chest hair. My goal is to maybe do some smaller surgeries to reinforce areas as they get weaker but also Im concerned about this surgery. Obviously the result will take time but I have some concerns that i feel like Ill never to have addressed in the future regarding my temples. I'll get more into this surgery in a detailed post but yeah, Im just trying to see anything I can try. For now. im not trying anything topical as to not mess with my new grafts.

My hairloss  has been very stable for a while now. Maybe about 8 years or longer Id say. Im hoping to keep it that way. Im considering all options though just in case it does progress in the future

Just now, Hah6788887 said:

I haven't jumped on it because in the past i had a very bad reaction to a medication. It wasn't for hair loss. So I'm very cautious with what I put in my body and try to try natural things before I jump on medication. I am consider medication now though. 

My surgery with dr bisanga was a huge investment. I do want to provide more details and photos about that soon. Just been very busy to write up a really detailed post. I'm a naturally really hairy person. I actually had about 330 grafts take from my leg as well and implanted on my scalp as I wanted to know if those hairs would grow as Dr bisanga saw the hairs and said they look promising. So thats another potential thousands of grafts I may have available as my donor is used up. I also believe I still have a lot of chest hair. My goal is to maybe do some smaller surgeries to reinforce areas as they get weaker but also Im concerned about this surgery. Obviously the result will take time but I have some concerns that i feel like Ill never to have addressed in the future regarding my temples. I'll get more into this surgery in a detailed post but yeah, Im just trying to see anything I can try. For now. im not trying anything topical as to not mess with my new grafts.