Dr. Resul Yaman- Jan 2023, 4450 follicular units

Tope

• Moderators

It looks like you may have a lot of tiny hairs popping up, so hopefully the growth will really kick in over the next month.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Strangely, some have seen active growth from the third month, and by the fourth month quite thick hair. I am now 4 months old, also with Dr. Yaman, and so far my hair is not growing. I hope that this is just a delay and the result will be good.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Lirti said:

Strangely, some have seen active growth from the third month, and by the fourth month quite thick hair. I am now 4 months old, also with Dr. Yaman, and so far my hair is not growing. I hope that this is just a delay and the result will be good.

When you look online, you see a lot of early growth because most of the people who don't start growing early don't post pictures since there's nothing to show. That makes it seem like so many people are having good growth in months 3 and 4. Try not to compare yourself to other pictures so much especially in the first 4 or 5 months.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

8 hours ago, Lirti said:

The week before my 4th month mark and 3 weeks after was I think I shed the most. It is a delayed shedding compared to most. So just think we have different timeline. Me, I stop stressing myself as whats done is done, we need to wait, if it doesnt give us the result we want in a year then we take action. Hold on my friend. 

Edited by Tope

• 4 weeks later...

This is after I cut my hair. Yeah you read that right, I cut it myself. I thought by this time I wont be terrified to go to a barber. 🤷‍♂️ so dont mind the uneveness of it 😂

IMG_6514.jpeg

IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6502.jpeg

IMG_6496.jpeg

IMG_6492.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Vann said:

Its coming in, usually large sessions can cause shock loss which makes the ugly ducking phase look worse. But as time passes youll be the swan we all aspire to become. Dont fret just let time do its thing.

Thanks. Im kinda tired of this waiting game but it is what it is. Waiting to hear what my Dr says.

• Moderators

Seems like it looks a lot better with the shorter cut, but it's different lighting. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

1 minute ago, BeHappy said:

Seems like it looks a lot better with the shorter cut, but it's different lighting. 

Yeah. With the same lighting, its crap.

16 hours ago, Tope said:

Thanks. Im kinda tired of this waiting game but it is what it is. Waiting to hear what my Dr says.

You had a large op. You’re bound to have bad shockloss and slow growth which is always out of sync.

you’ll probably get a lot of growth in the next few months. If you’re not on medication it’ll probably be a bit longer. 

but once you start growing those hairs you’re going to forget about the ugly duckling phase entirely.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

1 minute ago, Vann said:

You had a large op. You’re bound to have bad shockloss and slow growth which is always out of sync.

you’ll probably get a lot of growth in the next few months. If you’re not on medication it’ll probably be a bit longer. 

but once you start growing those hairs you’re going to forget about the ugly duckling phase entirely.

Thanks. Thinking I need a miracle or something. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tope said:

Thanks. Thinking I need a miracle or something. 

Haha I know what you mean, it just feels that way when you compare yourself to others. I myself was in a similar position to your growth at 6ish months. It really wasn’t until month 10 I noticed that I have my hair in a specific way. 

just keep strong!

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

1 minute ago, Vann said:

Haha I know what you mean, it just feels that way when you compare yourself to others. I myself was in a similar position to your growth at 6ish months. It really wasn’t until month 10 I noticed that I have my hair in a specific way. 

just keep strong!

Thanks man

1 hour ago, Balding Bad said:

As someone who is struggling at the 7 month mark with my progress, I can totally relate with your journey. Hoping we see a drastic turnaround at some point!

I already accepted it as a fail already to be honest. All those people who says next month will be the month of growth and you need more time do t worry. Lol theyll be all gone or theyll be saying you need a 2nd trnasplant. If I dont see any difference the next month, this will be my final update. 😁

18 hours ago, Tope said:

I already accepted it as a fail already to be honest. All those people who says next month will be the month of growth and you need more time do t worry. Lol theyll be all gone or theyll be saying you need a 2nd trnasplant. If I dont see any difference the next month, this will be my final update. 😁

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that and to be honest, that's where my headspace is right now as well...but I think month 9 is usually when the corner is turned for slow growers. Ultimately, only time will tell...but yeah, I don't think it's a bad idea to start considering a 2nd procedure IF this one doesn't work out for you.

In terms of updates, I think you should see it through...if not for your sake then for everyone else on here who would appreciate the followthrough and transparency. Your continued documentation could help someone else down the road. That's the reason why I continue to document my "progress" even though I feel like none is happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balding Bad said:

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that and to be honest, that's where my headspace is right now as well...but I think month 9 is usually when the corner is turned for slow growers. Ultimately, only time will tell...but yeah, I don't think it's a bad idea to start considering a 2nd procedure IF this one doesn't work out for you.

In terms of updates, I think you should see it through...if not for your sake then for everyone else on here who would appreciate the followthrough and transparency. Your continued documentation could help someone else down the road. That's the reason why I continue to document my "progress" even though I feel like none is happening.

I didnt do a thorough review of my HT really just because I dont want to scare anyone lol still I did just for the community. But if this is a fail, I wont get another transplant because if I knew how painful it is, I would have never done it. I have stopped the procedure by the time they start to inject that local anesthesia. I was begging them to use a needleless local anesthesia but they dont have it (I saw a video before of a clinic where they use needleless anesthesia). I had a few surgeries done and a lot of dental works done in the past with local anesthesia  and those are nothing compared to this. Before I thought I must have a really high tolerance for pain but now I dont think so. Lol. I am a nurse for over 10 years so I think Im reliable to say that every person has different pain tolerance, so if you really want it then go for it, no pain no gain. They have been comforting though even though only one speaks english. I was like a kid trembling, sweating, and biting my hand towel just for me not to shout every time I need additional injections. I think my eyes are more swollen that day compared to my head crying. Lol. 

Ill just skip the months that I dont see a difference, if there is Ill surely still be giving update. We need more slow growers to share their progress because comparing myself to the chosen ones by the God of Hair, its really frustrating. Lol. The waiting game is no joke though. And I really appreciate all those people who takes time to give their opinion about other peoples progress. 

Edited by Tope
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Henry said:

It's a 12 months process, but if it doesnt work out, i think the buzzed cut looks great on you. 

Thanks. Actually when they shaved my head for the procedure, I was like, hey this isnt bad can I leave and save my money for something else. Lol. I bet it looks better now with the hairline. 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tope said:

I didnt do a thorough review of my HT really just because I dont want to scare anyone lol still I did just for the community. But if this is a fail, I wont get another transplant because if I knew how painful it is, I would have never done it. I have stopped the procedure by the time they start to inject that local anesthesia. I was begging them to use a needleless local anesthesia but they dont have it (I saw a video before of a clinic where they use needleless anesthesia). I had a few surgeries done and a lot of dental works done in the past with local anesthesia  and those are nothing compared to this. Before I thought I must have a really high tolerance for pain but now I dont think so. Lol. I am a nurse for over 10 years so I think Im reliable to say that every person has different pain tolerance, so if you really want it then go for it, no pain no gain. They have been comforting though even though only one speaks english. I was like a kid trembling, sweating, and biting my hand towel just for me not to shout every time I need additional injections. I think my eyes are more swollen that day compared to my head crying. Lol. 

Ill just skip the months that I dont see a difference, if there is Ill surely still be giving update. We need more slow growers to share their progress because comparing myself to the chosen ones by the God of Hair, its really frustrating. Lol. The waiting game is no joke though. And I really appreciate all those people who takes time to give their opinion about other peoples progress. 

That's interesting to hear. I guess everyone's pain tolerance is indeed very different. I didn't find the anesthesia injections to be bad at all. Very pain-free in my opinion.

Well, do what you want, but I think you should at the very least provide a 9 month and 12 month update. Those are typically the benchmark months, so it'd be nice to see your progress at those junctures. For your sake, I hope you turn the corner. Best of luck with the growth!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balding Bad said:

That's interesting to hear. I guess everyone's pain tolerance is indeed very different. I didn't find the anesthesia injections to be bad at all. Very pain-free in my opinion.

Well, do what you want, but I think you should at the very least provide a 9 month and 12 month update. Those are typically the benchmark months, so it'd be nice to see your progress at those junctures. For your sake, I hope you turn the corner. Best of luck with the growth!

Still praying for a miracle to happen 🤸‍♂️ if it does ill update for sure, for the community 👨‍🦲

• Like 2