Good FUT strip surgeons?

Curious which surgeons tend to have the best strip scars? I know Konior is great and believe me I’d go to him if I had tons of money but I don’t have that kind of money. So of Gabel/wong/cooley does one tend to have better unrecognizable scar results and outcomes? Is threading better than staples? Any other option out there I didn’t mention?

• Like 1

I hear staples is the better option with internal dissolvable threading. Hasson & Wong are pretty good for FUT, I think. 

• Like 2

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

6 hours ago, mavigo said:

I hear staples is the better option with internal dissolvable threading. Hasson & Wong are pretty good for FUT, I think. 

I was curious about this. Cooley it looks like does threading and his scars are invisible. HW does the staples and they also have invisible scarring. On staples sometimes you see the scarring from staples as well so didn’t know if the threading was better. Does HW thread internally?

4 hours ago, ray35 said:

I saw Gabel and the scar technique is fantastic.  

Really does he use staples. The three I listed are really the only ones I see a ton of fut still. Of course there are others but those 3 seem to have great scars. Didn’t know if one sticks out better than the rest

17 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

I see you've asked this a few times @JoDimaggio22to be clear, no matter how well the surgery is done there is always a risk of stretch back with FUT, the names mentioned will definitely minimise that risk as much as humanly possible 

I really just want to be sure that the decision I make is smart. I haven’t seen every case from all doctors and so very curious from first hand accounts or people who research this if certain docs stand out over others when it comes to scarring! Or even if there is a way to minimize any scarring. Because most docs tell me it is rare and hasn’t happened under them so I just want to be certain

Edited by JoDimaggio22

• Moderators

I've seen some great FUT scars from Dr Blake Bloxham at Feller and Bloxham.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.