Dr. Woods of Australia

Guest balloonman

He starts out at $8800 for 600 grafts or about $15 per graft. His prices decrease by $1000 or so after 1200 grafts.

He can only do 600 grafts a day maximum, only he knows why but, that is his personal limit.

His hairlines have been the topic of many discussions on this site and others, I personally think they are average at best and far too passive and high. In essence, he prefers to give his patients a more mature hairline than an agressive younger one.

He is extremely secretive about the tools he uses to extract grafts so you will be blindfolded during the extraction so as not to see his tool. This is not a joke, it is 100% serious and legitimate. You will not be allowed to see his extraction tool so be prepared to be blindfolded for several hours while he and his sister extract grafts.

In 2004, you have so many better options that I can't think of a single reason to go to Woods. He is double and nearly triple the cost of any other Dr performing similar FUE. His hairlines are too high and old. His placement uses small gauge needles and not the more high tech lateral slit blades. He is half way around the world and travel is expensive. He requires you to be blindfolded. He only does 600 grafts per day while others can do up to 2000 per day. Thats nearly double or triple the amount of hours and days spent sitting in a chair drugged up on valium. He is impossible to get in contact with so booking an appointment or contacting him in case of an emergency can be a serious problem.

Did I mention he charges more than double any other Dr performing FUE?

Lets just say that Balloonman tends to exaggerate when it comes to Dr. Woods. I don't want to get into a flame war or start picking apart his posts. People should believe whoever they find credible.

I've never heard of the blindfolding thing, from patients who actually went to Woods. Unless you've got eyes in the back of your head there is no way to see what is being done. In fact Dr. Woods seems to pride himself on the fact that the patient can monitor his own surgery via video feed, to ensure no transection of follicles occurs, something that no other doctors do.

If you are interested in FUE then Dr. Woods has the best track record and the most experience by far, and should be considered as a choice.

Guest balloonman

Bozo: what difference does it make how much I have spent on my hair? Tattooing was $100. FUE into my scar was free, Dr Feller was first learning and looking for patients. Tissue Expansion, maybe $5,000 or so and then the cost of my 5 hair transplants.

Lets say this..the total cost of all of my procedures, including any and all repair procedure costs, is still less than HALF of what Woods would have charged me to get 6-7000 grafts which is about what I estimate I have. Furthermore, I got better density and a hairline thats looks excellent and age apropriate UNLIKE Woods grandpa jobs.

I am not angry or bitter, I just don't like the guy or have any respect for him. He could have released his findings 15 years ago and helped countless scarred patients and new patients from being potentially scarred. Even now, in the face of many Dr's performing the surgery, he still refuses to help a single one of them.

Why do you think that is? Because he's a man concerned about the benefits of humanity? Because he is a Dr sworn to an oath to help others? This guy is a greedy bastard who THOUGHT he could sell his secrets and train Dr's to perform HIS technique for obscene franchise costs and ludicrous requirements. Guess what, the jerk off got NOTHING, not even the credit for discovering the technique which is being performed FOR LESS by more qualified surgeons capable of re-creating natural hairlines and better density with less hours in the chair for patients.

Woods got what he deserved..SHIT!

Guest balloonman

Emails are very lovely and look pretty even when printed on hi gloss paper.

Now go and book a date and see if it comes to fruition.

I too had dates, confirmations and telephone conversations all confirming the agreed upon per graft price.

So take your story one step further and book the date, lets see if he will perform 4 days of surgery on you for $6 per graft as he promised in his emails. It only amounts to a loss of about 10k to him, but he is a charitable man and did work on arfy and benny for free so, he will most likely agree to do you for $6 per graft.

Now go and do it and dont come back until its done.