Diffuse thinning - is Finasteride a must?

I want to have 2 HT sessions, 1 year a part - around 3500 grafts each time to mainly cover the hairline with good density and mid section and some coverage in the crown area .

I do not want to take Finastride before or after the surgery. However, after consulting with 4 clinics, recommended by this forum, I was given mixed advice which is really confusing me. As I have defuse thinning and vertical receding on the crown, see images, some of the recommended clinics are telling me to take Finastride for 12 months before the surgery while others say that it will be better to have but not a must. This is very confusing, what exactly is the risk of not taking Finastride before and after the surgery, in my situation? Would the HT accelerate the further hair loss?  or does it mean the my transplanted hair will not grow and it will be a failed HT

While I want to have a HT but I certainly do not want to take Finastride due to side effects. Have you been in my situation and did HT helped you without Fin ? any advice will be appreciated.

fin1.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-30 at 17.42.16 (2).jpeg

So you are considering having two hair transplant sessions, one year apart, with the goal of covering your hairline, mid-section, and some coverage in the crown area. You have also mentioned that you do not want to take Finasteride before or after the surgery.

In regards to your question about Finasteride, it is important to understand that this medication is commonly prescribed to help slow down hair loss and promote hair growth. However, it does come with potential side effects which makes you think twice before taking the medication. It is important to weigh the potential risks and benefits of taking it. In your specific case, with diffuse thinning and vertical receding in the crown area, I would recommend discussing the use of Finasteride for its potential benefits for your individual situation. 

In my experience, some of my patients have achieved good results without taking Finasteride before or after the surgery, while others have experienced better results with the use of the medication.

In terms of your hair transplant, it's important to understand that everyone's hair loss pattern is unique and it's not possible to predict the exact outcome of your hair transplant without a proper consultation and examination. However, I can tell you that it's possible to achieve good results with hair transplantation alone, however, some patients may experience further hair loss after the surgery. This could potentially affect the final outcome.It's important to discuss all options with your surgeon and make an informed decision that is best for you. I hope this information helps to clarify your concerns. If you have any further questions or would like to schedule a conversation with me, please don't hesitate to reach out!

• Like 1