Donor Area: Left Side harvested more so than Right Side? | Recieving Area: Missed a spot?

Hashi

Hello, I'm worried about two things after my transplant with Dr Freitas.

It looks like the left side of the Donor area has been harvested more than the right side. You can see near the top that the donor area on the Left picture is closer to the recipient area, and in the Right picture there's a bigger gap from donor to recipient. Same thing if you just look where the harvested area stops, on the Left picture it looks much closer to where the forehead begins than on the Right picture.

This leaves me worried that the right side of my head will have more hair than the left side, or am I wrong?

For the second thing, it's about my new hairline. On the left side, I feel there's an area where fewer hairs were implanted compared to the rest of the hairline. It's more noticable IRL than in the pictures, but you can see it in the picture where I've written "too little?". Just follow the hairline, look at how much has been implanted, and how little in that particular area. This worries me that the end result will be a weird looking hairline in that area..

Comparing these two thoughts I'm kind of wishing they would correct this by taking more hairs from my right side donor area and filling in the spot they didn't plant enough in, especially since the surgery was so recent (3 days ago). But I don't know. I'm not exactly the kind of person who tells people they might have done something less than perfectly so I'm here asking you guys instead. What should I do here? Is it possible to have them do something about this or am I being stupid?

Left Side.jpg

Right Side.jpg

Missing Chunk 1.png

Missing Chunk 2.png

3 hours ago, Hashi said:

I took some better pictures, it's more noticable here. Will this missing chunk not make my hairline asymmetrical? I had no hairs in that area before the transplant.

IMG_20230113_153347.thumb.jpg.86cdd246b649b96bed9382da8f4f91b7.jpgHairLinehm.thumb.jpg.8276a2e3e0959e945511c423f7de203d.jpg

I think it's more so no scabs being there instead of 'missing chunks' of grafts. What day is this after surgery and do you have an immediate post op pic?

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

I wouldn't worry too much about your left side vs right side. The work looks homogenous across your donor area, My donor looks already recovered so far (touch wood). Yasmin was the one who did my extraction. Who did yours?

25 minutes ago, drawdownfx said:

I think it's more so no scabs being there instead of 'missing chunks' of grafts. What day is this after surgery and do you have an immediate post op pic?

This is the earliest picture I could find with decent quality, even then it looks less dark in that area than the rest. Do scabs have like a percent chance of appearing and they just happened not to appear there?

Good to hear about the donor area, thanks for the reassurance. Yeah, it was Yasmin. She was incredibly nice and kept asking me like a million times if there was any pain to make sure I didn't suffer in any way.

hmmm.jpg

Yeah I know what you are talking about but I wouldn't worry about it now. You will get more of an Idea after your 2nd/3rd head wash, see how it is looking then. Also am not too sure on the science of scabs maybe someone else can chime in @Melvin- Moderator but the work looks good. How many grafts were put?

Edited by drawdownfx

20 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

Yeah I know what you are talking about but I wouldn't worry about it now. You will get more of an Idea after your 2nd/3rd head wash, see how it is looking then. Also am not too sure on the science of scabs maybe someone else can chime in @Melvin- Moderator but the work looks good. How many grafts were put?

Thank you, I'll be patient. Worrying is never good I suppose! :)

I'll be doing a proper post later with all the information and update my progress, for now I'm just resting and randomly taking pictures every now and then. I can't find the paper with my exact graft count right now but it was a little over 3000 grafts.

• Like 1