Best FUT Surgeons?

Who are the best fut surgeons? I know many are starting to leave fut and head to Fue but of all the ones that can still perform fut(even if it may not be often) who seems to have some of the best cases? Also I know fut comes down to physiology when it comes to fut scarring…but who seems to have some of the cleanest and almost non recognizable fut strip scars? Thank you all!

4 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Konior and H&W are veterans when it comes to FUT. Hattingen also gets good results.

Agreed. These three are top.

H&W/Hattingen can get more out of their strips -- like 3.5k+ grafts. Keep in mind H&W have phased out FUT in favor of FUE, and I think they only do the former in rare circumstances.

Konior's strips are nearly invisible and the thinnest, but I haven't seen him use them for a large session (I always see 3k or less) in the last couple years.

4 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Who has the best strip scars of the group?

Depends on your meaning of "best", as it'll depend on the number of grafts. If you want strip for a larger session go with the former two.  I'd read somewhere that with H&W, one is better for crown and the other for hairline, but can't confirm if that's true, so that may impact which of the two you select. They're a safe bet and you can get a fantastic large session with either of them.

Hattingen is by far the best money for value of the group. They're also no worse based on the results I've seen here. That said, they do have less results on HRN, so I'd check out other forums (ideally German) to get a better sense if they're the same quality.

If you want the narrowest and least detectable scar (with better emphasis on donor consideration), I'd say Konior.

For disclosure, I had a FUT scar with Konior and it isn't detectable even at a 2 fade -- I will be returning to do another strip and will document my journey after that procedure.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Z-- said:

H&W/Hattingen can get more out of their strips -- like 3.5k+ grafts. Keep in mind H&W have phased out FUT in favor of FUE, and I think they only do the former in rare circumstances.

Konior's strips are nearly invisible and the thinnest, but I haven't seen him use them for a large session (I always see 3k or less) in the last couple years.

Depends on your meaning of "best", as it'll depend on the number of grafts. If you want strip for a larger session go with the former two.  I'd read somewhere that with H&W, one is better for crown and the other for hairline, but can't confirm if that's true, so that may impact which of the two you select. They're a safe bet and you can get a fantastic large session with either of them.

Hattingen is by far the best money for value of the group. They're also no worse based on the results I've seen here. That said, they do have less results on HRN, so I'd check out other forums (ideally German) to get a better sense if they're the same quality.

If you want the narrowest and least detectable scar (with better emphasis on donor consideration), I'd say Konior.

For disclosure, I had a FUT scar with Konior and it isn't detectable even at a 2 fade -- I will be returning to do another strip and will document my journey after that procedure.

Hasson does FUE exclusively but if you turn out to be a significantly better candidate for FUT rather than FUE he will change to the other. Otherwise Wong still does FUE and FUT.

Hasson is known for aggressive approaches when they are applicable (meaning that he will go denser/more aggressive with hairline without compromising crown and future loss.) whilst a few years ago Wong was known to be the best with the Crown. Other clinics have caught up but he along with Konior and the GOAT when it comes to crowns.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

5 hours ago, Z-- said:

My biggest worry is scarring. Thought on Nadimi for fut? I don’t have much if any skin laxity, so I feel it may widen over time. But maybe they have a way to buffer a bad scar

41 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

My biggest worry is scarring. Thought on Nadimi for fut? I don’t have much if any skin laxity, so I feel it may widen over time. But maybe they have a way to buffer a bad scar

Can't say I've seen an FUT case from her on here. She has a few on her Instagram though. They seem very good.

I'd have trust in her given that trust Konior puts in her and that she uses the same team, but recognize that patient testimony is more reassuring and a better indicator of that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Z-- said:

Can't say I've seen an FUT case from her on here. She has a few on her Instagram though. They seem very good.

I'd have trust in her given that trust Konior puts in her and that she uses the same team, but recognize that patient testimony is more reassuring and a better indicator of that.

Do hasson’s scars heal well? His results are great for sure