HT completed - Post op Care - Drugs/Alcohol/Fibres/Gym/Beanies/Haircut/Styling

Hi all, I’ve got a bunch of questions regarding post op care after a HT. Would you please be able to advise on the recommended times, as well as what you did/others most likely do for each point?

1. DRUGS (Coke/Ectasy/Ket) - I would rather not ask the clinic when it’s ok to resume…Anyone here have some good advice on this, I would probably take on average 1x every 2 weeks (half a bag). Unsure if switching to ecstasy/ket may be better for hair after a certain time?

2. Beanies/caps - 2 weeks.

3. Gym - 3 weeks - I’ll only be doing weights and not sweating, and good rest in between sets so heart rhythm shouldn’t have drastic changes.

4. Alcohol - 2 weeks, however 4 weeks is recommended for the transplanted hair to get the best nutrition?

5. Haircut - Implanted hair 1 month with scissors, and donor area with clippers after 2 months. So skin fades are off limits for 2 months.

6. Hair styling - Unsure period, as well as products - Currently use Hanz De Fuko Quicksand (power hair clay). What products are recommended? And what hair spray for hair fibres?

7. Hair fibres - 45 days or 90 days - Been advised 2x diff answers from advisor/director at clinic.

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

If you have chosen a good clinic, there will be good patient reviews on here and you will see their journey.

Follow the instructions given to you by the clinic.

If you deviate from those instructions, don't tell the clinic, you'll invalidate any guarantees provided.

You won't get definitive answers to your questions because no one really knows, we are all unique.

• Confused 1

1) Drugs -  Ermmm... I would go by the scab rule for this, well for most of these. At bare minimum you should wait until your scabs are off before partying. But if you're thinking of staying off booze for a month, then stay off this stuff too for a month. 

2) Beanies - at least 2 weeks until the scabs come off. Tight knitted material like that can yank at your grafts. Caps I've been told you can wear like the next day. Although I would wait a week or so. 

3) I go back after 3 or 4 days, starting a week with just moderate cardio only and then getting back into the resistance routine. I can't stay still for very long. 

4) I went about 3 weeks but I also don't drink very much anyways. 

5) I waited like 6 months before returning to the barber, only cutting things by hand (scissors/trimmer). 

6) Don't use product. 

7) Like Toppik? I think you can use that after 2 or 3 weeks. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

20 hours ago, NikosHair said:

If you have chosen a good clinic, there will be good patient reviews on here and you will see their journey.

Follow the instructions given to you by the clinic.

If you deviate from those instructions, don't tell the clinic, you'll invalidate any guarantees provided.

You won't get definitive answers to your questions because no one really knows, we are all unique.

Yes a good clinic.

19 hours ago, mavigo said:

1) Drugs -  Ermmm... I would go by the scab rule for this, well for most of these. At bare minimum you should wait until your scabs are off before partying. But if you're thinking of staying off booze for a month, then stay off this stuff too for a month. 

2) Beanies - at least 2 weeks until the scabs come off. Tight knitted material like that can yank at your grafts. Caps I've been told you can wear like the next day. Although I would wait a week or so. 

3) I go back after 3 or 4 days, starting a week with just moderate cardio only and then getting back into the resistance routine. I can't stay still for very long. 

4) I went about 3 weeks but I also don't drink very much anyways. 

5) I waited like 6 months before returning to the barber, only cutting things by hand (scissors/trimmer). 

6) Don't use product. 

7) Like Toppik? I think you can use that after 2 or 3 weeks. 

Thanks for your response. Yes I'm not doing any of the points until 2 weeks are up (scabs gone etc). Re Alcohol, it's looking like I'll stay away for at least 3 weeks, same with the drugs. Oh wow you returned to the gym quick, I'm going to head back after 2 weeks most likely, starting off light for the first week. Yes Toppik hair fibres.

18 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

Maybe this is now a good time to get off all those drugs before you end up with something bad happening? That’s not a good combo man. Don’t want anything bad happening to you so use this opportunity to get healthier!

I test my drugs and try take in moderation (1x every 2 weeks), a lot of things in life are also not good for you, but here we are lol.

14 hours ago, chief10 said:

Did you have a FUE or FUT? Cause it makes a difference.

I had FUE.