Minoxidil 5% for 1 year , Topical Finasteride 0.1% for 6 months and after that oral finasteride 1mg every other day for 5 months , now finasteride 1mg every day

BuyTheDip

Hi Guys, I want to share my story on this forum so that maybe it helps someone. I am 24 years old Indian guy who started with crown balding at the age of 19..  I was in denial for years , then in 2019 , i visited a dermatologist and he prescribed me finasteride . I searched about it on internet and was scared to death seeing the reported side effects. So i dropped the idea of using it (Biggest mistake ever) . Fast forward in year 2021 , i started getting worried about my hair loss. I was in a very bad condition , my crown was almost gone, my hairline has receded by a big margin .

Then i met with a wonderful dermatologist who heads dermatology department in one of the finest medical college in India. He cleared my mind about finasteride and for my mental piece put me on topical fin .. i saw good improvements in those 6 months and i was comfortable taking finasteride. Now i have been on oral finasteride since last 6 months . My hairs are better now . They are not perfect but much better since last year. 

Currently i am consulting with hair transplant surgeons to get more density . I have consulted excellent clinics till now both in India and Turkey. Most of them are suggesting that i don't need a hair transplant right now, and are advising me to continue medication , which i aspire to do for a long period. Attaching my before and after pics . Please judge from my after pics about the number of grafts i will need if i opt for a hair transplant in next 6 months to increase my density. 

Before Pics with long hair- under harsh light

After Pics with very short hair - under varied light , some pics in harsh light , some in moderate light

IMG-0149.jpg

IMG-0150.jpg

IMG-0152.jpg

IMG-0209.jpg

IMG-0414.JPG

IMG-5047.jpg

IMG-5052.jpg

IMG-5148.jpg

IMG-5204.jpg

IMG-5205.jpg