Question to surgeons (scar improvement with contractubex ointment) and is this 3000 grafts?? + MY hair transplant on 10june2009

Hello,

I'm a 23 years old Indian. I had my transplant recently with Dr.Pathuri Madhu, in Hyderabad, India. As per him he told he's afraid what will happen if he opens up to every one. On an average he does 2.5 surgeries per day, so he's happy with that. I decided on him after talkin with Jeevan and Riz on this forum.Initially i decided on Dr Mahadevia on seeing that the surgery lukd quite clean with arnolder. But then i changed my decision when i saw in Dr Mahadevia's website that people were dissecting the follicles without microscopes. Dr. Pathuri's clinic saw had abt 10 people with microscope dissecting the follicles.Te cost was 25 rupees per graft which comes to and half a dollar. Even though am of Indian origin the Dr told I have Caucasian look and hair. My hair isn't thick(i mean in diameter) at all.I havn't got the exact count of tripples and doubles(i'll ask him, he's currently outta station) but during surgery the surgeon told i have 240 tripples.I really wanted to bring my hair line further down but he was denying it all along. saying investing a lot into the hairline won't yield good cosmetic results. He emphasized that hair on the top area was necessary. He told i could go for a second surgery for hairline. AM a little busy now. I will be creating a web blog soon. My dad is a orthopedics surgeon himself. He saw the graft taking procedure and the triclosure and he was satisfied with the closure but he didn't have any opinion abt the transplant(he had never seen one before)

Well the question is does this look like 3000 grafts. I look in the mirror again and again and say to my self " yeh that shd be arnd 3000". Though he showed how he counts his follicles. He has small trays with cotton padding and some liquid for storing the grafts. in those trays there are 20 grafts sorted out in doubles singles and tripples.Those trays are actaually worn arnd the fingers frm where the surgeon picks up the follicle with a twizer and puts into the hole created by the punch(i asked them for a mirror to see wat was goin on). As he says by counting the trays u can count the grafts, but am still not sure.

The 2nd question to the surgeon is should i use contractubex ointment at the donor area to reduce scarring. I have searched forums all over but there has been no topic on this. Actually my mom had an automobile accident few years back. she had a lacerated wound on her forehead with half her eyebrows missing but the surgey went good but it left some scars. However as per the surgeons advice she had used the ointment 3 times daily for 6 months and it absolutely vanished. You could't believe that she had even some minor injury there. Well i want to use it but i am worried if it will cause permanent hair loss at the donor site. I wish to have the completely shaven look sometime. And people who might find it useful it is suggested that you start after all external wounds are healed n u'll have the best effect. So docs is it safe to use this without any danger of permanent hairloss??

2_hrs_post_op.thumb.jpg.82ebd14e1a3bf88066eede125de307cf.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hi All,

i have been balding since im 17 and now im 24. As of now i am concealing with dermmatch daily.

and i need to wash out my hair daily to get off the color and apply minoxidil and then dermmatch again.This has become a lengthy and hectic process but no other go :-(

Can someone suggest me a shampoo that i can use daily to wash out my hair. i have been doing headbath daily since 4 years.

since 2 years iam on dermatch daily.

As of now iam using "Garnier Fructis Long&Strong" and earlier i used "Garnier ultradoux wheat germ based" shampoos for Dry hair.

Can someone please suggest me a shampoo for daily basis(those are available in india). i stay in hyderabad.

Thnks,

Sai

• 4 weeks later...