should i add oral minoxidil at some point?

18 years old, pics of my hair is included. ive been on foam minoxidil for 1+ years and finasteride for 5 months, after giving finasteride 2 years to work should i add oral minoxidil? (i’d plan on using it under doctor supervision) i mainly just want my hair to be at the best quality it can be, and to ensure i don’t lose hair before my transplant but i know there’s a limit. does adding oral minoxidil have a decent potential for better results?

i mainly just don’t want to lose hair while im waiting for a hair transplant, hopefully  23/24 if possible. i was told to wait until then by a surgeon to check in5E232E5E-E494-4555-90F7-F7C3B5898DCF.thumb.jpeg.0069daa8ca666ca7776f889e9a605163.jpegB5BE6CD3-9FFB-481E-AB2D-A56D540C1E53.thumb.jpeg.4d628bcd72a06de10683b29629c400a1.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

If you remain on finasteride you probably won't need a hair transplant. I definitely don't consider you need a hair transplant at all going by those pics. You could change from topical to oral minoxidil but the side effect risks of loniten aren't worth it for you. All the best!

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

If you remain on finasteride you probably won't need a hair transplant. I definitely don't consider you need a hair transplant at all going by those pics. You could change from topical to oral minoxidil but the side effect risks of loniten aren't worth it for you. All the best!

yea i don’t know if the side effects are worth it either. i might just increase my finasteride dosage or use dutasteride if i decide i want more prevention or something. i’ll see how things go by the 2 year mark of finasteride but in my opinion, being only 18, i really want a transplant to make my hairline relatively straight but i do think its worse than it appears, if u turn your phone upside down when looking at the pic you’ll see. it’s also made worse because i don’t have good temporal points

Edited by zenmu