Help! I keep getting these fall out of my head every time I shower! 9 days post operation.

NcrVeteran

I've only poured water over my head with a cup and tap my head to "lather" the baby shampoo. I still have scabs too, and I haven't attempted to take them out because THESE keep coming out! No pain and no blood from what I can see (I still have my native hair). The white one had FOUR hairs in it, and the red one had 2 or 3. They look exactly like what was placed in my head on operation day. Is this normal???

image.thumb.jpeg.47fee42066f86226e0d54e711e989f6d.jpeg

44 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I’m actually with you on this one OP. To me these look like grafts that didn’t take. Who was your surgeon? You need to reach out to them with pictures 

These are like, the 12th ones I've seen. God only knows how many more I missed. Dr. Badro, Maryland. He said they were naturally shed hairs and the follicles are still intact. But that is with the pictures, I'm going to his office in person and showing it to him in person. 

In the post op papers I received from my surgeon, he says "Remember that the grafts will usually enter a dormant stage around 2-3 weeks post op.  Don't be alarmed if you see the hairs begin the shed.  Sometimes a small amount of tissue can be attached.  This is normal and what we expect to see."

I don't know if this is what you're seeing, but I'd definitely check with your doc in person if you can.

• 1 year later...

@NcrVeteran Hi there I know this post is over a year old but I was wondering how was this resolved with Dr Badro. I am considering going with him but just saw your post. Also, It would be awesome if I could talk to you over the phone. Please let me know.

@Hairinme I’m dissatisfied with the results with Dr. Badro. He said it was just hairs and not follicles but I had about 40 of what was pictured fall out, from what I could see. Not mentioning the ones I didn’t catch. My hair looks the exact same if not worse from when I had his surgery done. Not sure if I’m just not receptive to hair transplants or if they messed up really bad.