These might seem like silly questions but...

Hi guys,

I've been a long time lurker on this forum and thanks to it have gone from thinking I know enough to knowing that I don't ever know enough and to keep researching more and more. Luckily I have now booked myself into Eugenix for a HT in February next year which I am really stoked about.

The questions I had were just some things I thought about that might seem silly but I can imagine at the time thinking "Oh god I should have asked someone!"

After an HT I am worried about things like sneezing and going 'number 2' in the toilet and not pushing too hard etc. Are there any other things like this that you can think of that would be useful for someone to know after getting an HT and after what time can you stop worrying about that?

Kind regards

A

Here are somethings I had to do and experiences I had on my recent HT. I also tried to add the times when to stop worrying at your request although those days already feel like a bit of a blur cause I was on auto pilot, so I might not be fully 100% accurate. Hopefully this helps

I had to sleep on my back for about two weeks. I usually sleep on my back or on the side so it didn't bother me much but I notice that alot of people struggle with that. I was also given a travel pillow to sleep on to prevent my grafts from touching anything

I was advised to use a cup for the first few days post-op to control water pressure when washing my head.

I was also advised to "control the swelling" before it got severe my using my hands to move it above the ears from my face. It was so that I could avoid getting the swelling in my eyes which would make those few days post op suck. In the end at my post-op washes they said I did it quite well and that most of the swelling just above my ears. Swelling disappeared by I'd say about Day 7 fully

When getting the scabs off, I was told to use more force than I would expect as it hit the later days (day 7+ I would say). I got all my scabs off on Day 11.

When your HT is complete, its almost like your skin feels like you are wearing a super tight helmet, like a bike helmet. That feeling goes away after about a day or two. Was very weird for me.

When it comes to your questions like sneezing or number 2. I had severe tonsillitis on my surgery and was coughing my lungs out and Dr Hasson assured me that it wont affect the result, but it did make it a little bit more difficult for the technicians (as in we had to pause every now and then for me to cough). My tonsillitis lasted about 7 days, then I got it again cause some miserable child was kicking me on a 13 hour flight for 13 hours lol.

I was given a cap to wear and they made it very loose and positioned it so it wouldn't touch my newly implanted hairline or my crown (which I also had work done). To be honest its quite frustrating have to readjust it every 30 seconds to not touch my grafts and it made it annoying especially when waiting for the flights to the point I took it off in front of everyone.

When it comes to the anesthetic, its not that painful (probably a 5/10 or a 4/10 in the moment but overall like a 2, very fleeting pain) I found squeezing the chairs armrest I was in (Nordster34s advice) very helpful and I also was breathing in and out slowly. Pain doesn't last very long, maybe 15-45 seconds in total, depending on how many times they need to apply it. You will need to top it up every now. Alot of people report that its more painful on day 2 but for me it was less painful, just my cough was 1000x worse and overshadowing it.

Edited by mister_25
Spelling

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022