Recent Hair transplant

On Oct. 15 I had a transplant (1300 grafts)on the front top of my head. I was able to see the grafts at the hair line. It is 2 1/2 months later and I no longer see any of the implanted grafts.

Did they fall off/out or are they just underneath the skin layer waiting to grow??

Latino63

Lou63,

Welcome to our forum community.

What you are experiencing is completely normal.

The transplanted hair typically sheds between 2 to 4 weeks and starts to regrow between 3 to 5 months - maturing finally around the one year mark. But even though the hair has shed, the follicles are safely underneath the scalp waiting to grow.

Best wishes,

Bill

I am in same situation , after 1500 grafts i am axiously waiting , i am at the 2 month mark today and look worse than i ever have , had loads of miniturising hairs that have been shocked out , even if they dont return i am confident that the new grafts will fill in the area better than what i have had in years... the way it all looked a few days after surgery, seeing the scabs and knowing that each tiny hole was going to be hair i was so excited , then once it healed and i saw the bare scalp and the shock loss it has been tough, to be honest... a few sparse pimples here and there but no sign of a single hair poking through yet.