Do you think my Donor are is over harvested?

1 hour ago, Hashim said:

20221114_230942.jpg

That picture is very zoomed in and there's not enough context of whether this is a month or few weeks post-op, or maybe after a full 12 months.

Do you have any other pictures that can allow us to better assess things for you and can you give information on which clinic you went to, the grafts quoted etc. 

Thanks for posting the additional pictures. I think it's difficult to say you've been over harvested based on it only being 10 days post-op. 

It could simply be shock loss and also the extraction sites being red and inflamed. 

Wait a little bit and see how things are in a month or so but if you ask the clinic, they should be able to tell you how many grafts were taken and implanted. 

Do you have any pictures before your operation for the donor area and where the hair was transplanted. 

4 minutes ago, Hashim said:

They say we don't count grafts and rather work on covering the area.

Screenshot_20221115_223439_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20221115_223434_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20221115_223428_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20221115_223423_WhatsApp.jpg

I'm going to be brutally honest. The clinic that you used shouldn't have done what they did at all. I don't like their pattern on the way the implanted it. Looks like rows which is the hallmark of a clinic that doesn't know how to make things look natural. 

You should have also been told to use medication like Finasteride and didn't need the amount of grafts they used. There's a huge chance they could have compromised blood flow to the existing hair follicles and speed hair loss up in those healthier areas. 

If i had to look at the pictures and guess, you may be a little over harvested potentially but it doesn't look like it would be bad and it's hard to tell if it's also just shock loss but i genuinely don't think at a glance doing all your front to crown will have been a small number. The fact they won't even tell you is also terribly unprofessional. 

OP, what's done is done. I don't want to make you feel bad at all, but you need somebody to give you an honest assessment and it helps educate other people through your experience to learn from certain things. I'm not sure what research you did but i would let people know about how your journey led you there. 

• Like 1

I hope these photos gives a better idea how my hair was 

My hair loss was affecting me mentally as i was the only one going bald in my family so iwent for HT and not for medication 

Incisions were done by surgeon and rest was done by technicians.

Thats the only clinic with good ratings in my country and i live nearby to that

https://g.page/drhabibhairtransplant?share

I will update in two months

Screenshot_20221115_231423_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20221115_231859_WhatsApp.jpg

Unfortunately, it does look like you were overharvested. I’m guessing around 5k grafts were removed, and not homogeneously. Some of it could be shock loss so the only thing you can do is wait. Hopefully you get a good result in the recipient. But I would recommend not going back to this clinic as clearly the doctor doesn’t not have donor management skills.

On 11/15/2022 at 6:19 PM, Hashim said:

I hope these photos gives a better idea how my hair was 

My hair loss was affecting me mentally as i was the only one going bald in my family so iwent for HT and not for medication 

Incisions were done by surgeon and rest was done by technicians.

Thats the only clinic with good ratings in my country and i live nearby to that

https://g.page/drhabibhairtransplant?share

I will update in two months

Screenshot_20221115_231423_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20221115_231859_WhatsApp.jpg

Thanks for the reply and further pictures. Tbh, just because you had hair loss, hair transplant shouldn't have ever been your first answer. 

You really should have tried medication first because now you potentially have to deal with a deleted donor area and other hair loss in the future will leave you with almost no solution. 

What's done is done. We can't go back and right now all you can do is concentrate on healing up and after 6 months, shock loss if it happened to you should resolve. The rest would be harvesting.