Body (Chest) to Head Hair Transplant

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing fine.

I have a question which I am badly looking an answer for and will appreciate the feedback. I am looking into getting a body to head hair transplant as I have a quite less dense and weak donor area in back of my scalp; on the contrary, my chest and abdominal hair are quite thick and dense. So, I was wondering if anyone has experience with body to head hair transplant or if anyone had any such procedure done.

Please let me know. Any information or knowledge sharing will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

AJ

• Moderators

I have used approximately 3000 chest and abdomen grafts and 3000 beard grafts. The chest and abdomen grafts have grown OK, but I feel the beard grafts have worked better. The chest/abdomen grafts grow a bit more curly on me and maybe not as long as the beard grafts. However it's hard for me to truly tell because I mostly opted to mix them all together rather than place certain graft types in certain areas because I wanted it all to blend together the same everywhere.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Fego said:

Can you share a photo for your chest and abdomen

I just took this now. This is about 2 years after the last chest/abdomen session. I did a session last year, but only took beard hair from that one. As you can see I still have a decent amount of hair on my chest and abdomen, so I'll be going back again soon. I put a zoomed in picture here too, so you can see the little white dots. Honestly, in person you can only see the white dot scars if you really get in close and look for them.... and who is ever going to be doing that? I go to work every day and everywhere else with my shirt on unless it's Summer and I'm at the beach or something. I'd much rather have hair on my head where that area is seen every day by anyone I meet or pass by rather than worry about that one time I was out without a shirt on. I've seen women with freckles all over their chest which looks MUCH worse and that's natural.

image.thumb.png.c322ef126fa9c3f35bc6d20ab6daed2c.png

IMG_3210.thumb.PNG.0c0a181ea218b049b87b3262941460f4.PNG

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

21 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

I just took this now. This is about 2 years after the last chest/abdomen session. I did a session last year, but only took beard hair from that one. As you can see I still have a decent amount of hair on my chest and abdomen, so I'll be going back again soon. I put a zoomed in picture here too, so you can see the little white dots. Honestly, in person you can only see the white dot scars if you really get in close and look for them.... and who is ever going to be doing that? I go to work every day and everywhere else with my shirt on unless it's Summer and I'm at the beach or something. I'd much rather have hair on my head where that area is seen every day by anyone I meet or pass by rather than worry about that one time I was out without a shirt on. I've seen women with freckles all over their chest which looks MUCH worse and that's natural.

image.thumb.png.c322ef126fa9c3f35bc6d20ab6daed2c.png

IMG_3210.thumb.PNG.0c0a181ea218b049b87b3262941460f4.PNG

If I were you I would harvest all the hair in the chest and abdomen as for me I like to have clean chest and abdomen and benefit from these hair to be transplanted on the scalp. 

The white dots are not visible at all except on the zoomed  image. But I think the punch size used to extrect the graft play role about the dot scar so what was the punch size used to extrect graft from chest and abdomen? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I have used approximately 3000 chest and abdomen grafts and 3000 beard grafts. The chest and abdomen grafts have grown OK, but I feel the beard grafts have worked better. The chest/abdomen grafts grow a bit more curly on me and maybe not as long as the beard grafts. However it's hard for me to truly tell because I mostly opted to mix them all together rather than place certain graft types in certain areas because I wanted it all to blend together the same everywhere.

Very interesting to know. I think that is good number of grafts. I might not enough for 3000 in my beard but I am definitely looking into the options. 

Is it possible for you to share the picture of your growth so far? Thank you!