When does new growth post transplant typically stop?

I'm 4 months post-op at this stage. I recognize this is a subjective process, but typically at what month will my new hair complete sprouting from the implanted grafts? I assume at some point this switches to observing hair maturation rather than new growth.

If we go on the idea a typical hair cycle is around 3 months, i personally feel like if all hair have shed by the late stave of the Ugly Duckling phase which is months 2 & 3, then 3 months after should mean almost all hair that should sprout should be out by about month 6 BUT i want to seriously caveat this by saying, just because a hair appears, doesn't mean you'll notice it when it's first sprouted among the more matured hair when it's really thin, smaller and barely pigmented as a new hair. 

I could be wrong, but in some small cases, where the hair graft may have been traumatised, the process could be delayed and it may be up to a few months later you may see some hairs pop through. So between months 6-8 i think all the hair that will ever sprout will have sprouted. 

• Like 1

Agree that the hair cycle is 3 months, so by months 6-8 all hairs should appear. If you see low growth until month 8 it is unlikely that you will see new growth in the remaining months.

Edited by Gramatik
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gregg H said:

My Doctor said some patients have growth at 18 months it's individual dependent. 

New hair growth or hairs that are still growing and maturing after first sprouting? 

I would find it highly, highly unusual for a hair to end up sprouting at 18 months as a new follicle for the first time post-op. 

Essentially you should be on the lookout for growth AFTER month 3 (anything before that is welcome but consider it an amazing bonus rather than the norm) and around month 6 you should have a pretty good idea of where you are headed. Then, depending on your hair density and maturation of the result, you may observe some further coverage gains.