1800 Grafts FUE - Dr. Barusco - Tempus Hair

ZackC06

Any thoughts on if 1800 is enough to achieve good density? I see a lot of people posting with much bigger numbers covering smaller areas so i’m a bit concerned I didn’t get enough. I went with exactly what the doctor recommended for number of grafts. 

1 hour ago, ZackC06 said:

Any thoughts on if 1800 is enough to achieve good density? I see a lot of people posting with much bigger numbers covering smaller areas so i’m a bit concerned I didn’t get enough. I went with exactly what the doctor recommended for number of grafts. 

I really think it should have been a higher amount of grafts for the frontal third, Possibly at least 2.5k+ for the amount that’s been implanted you do at least seem to be getting good growth. See how you feel after 12 months, you can always have a second procedure, maybe look at a different Dr/Clinic though. 

Would you recommend staying with Dr.Barusco if I wanted to add more density or going with another doctor? I saw one negative post about Dr. Barusco but honestly my experience was very good. Also, when is the earliest that a doctor will be able to determine if another transplant is necessary? 

2 hours ago, ZackC06 said:

Would you recommend staying with Dr.Barusco if I wanted to add more density or going with another doctor? I saw one negative post about Dr. Barusco but honestly my experience was very good. Also, when is the earliest that a doctor will be able to determine if another transplant is necessary? 

I would seek out another Dr yes, you will find much better looking here on the forum. You have a good idea of how it will end up around 9 months, the last few are maturing and thickening mostly, most of the growth would have already taken place. You’re experience with the Dr was good, but I don’t think the planning was right, to address a frontal third with 1800 grafts wasn’t ever going to provide good density imo.

On 11/9/2022 at 2:07 PM, ZackC06 said:

Thanks. I will see how it looks after 9 months and prob do a consult with Dr Glenn Charles since he seems to be recommended on this page and is only a few hours from me. 

Yeh that’s a good option 👍🏿

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 3:49 PM, Pbaird98 said:

I would seek out another Dr yes, you will find much better looking here on the forum. You have a good idea of how it will end up around 9 months, the last few are maturing and thickening mostly, most of the growth would have already taken place. You’re experience with the Dr was good, but I don’t think the planning was right, to address a frontal third with 1800 grafts wasn’t ever going to provide good density imo.

Well, I dont think it's unreasonable that some doctors recommend smaller surgeries (i.e < 2,000 grafts) to maximize chances of successful retention of planted grafts/not compromise blood supply of frontal region and not traumatize the donor region so much in one sitting. You see some of these other places, especially in Turkey, where they recommend 3,000+ graft hair transplants. This isn't bad necessarily and depends on a few things but especially if the doctor is doing the whole surgery that is a lot to do in a single day and often has to be split up.  Dr. Barusco is on the conservative side which I dont think is a bad thing. It would've been communicated to this guy that he likely would need another transplant in the future for more density. Dr. Barusco is a very experienced surgeon (all of whom which have a small percentage of less than great outcomes for a variety of reasons so it's naive to think one bad outcome on the internet is the end all be all) and looks to have a pretty good result from what is posted here at the bottom. Very natural looking hairline. Not sure why you would switch docs with this result.

I've had a consultation with Dr. Barusco and he was a very genuine guy. I dont have the money for a transplant right now but out of the docs I've researched and talked with I felt he was the best. 

• 7 months later...