RU58841 upregulation

Jayson1361

1 hour ago, TorontoMan said:

I don't know what you're asking tbh, what do you mean by up-regulation? But, I've been on RU for about 9 months now on top of fin and oral min and I haven't experienced anything significantly different but I'm maintaining my hair

I suppose the title should have read RU58841 causing AR upregulation of receptors. Basically, the idea is RU58841 competes with DHT by binding to AR receptors instead of DHT having a positive influence on hair growth. After a while the idea is that the body reacts by creating more AR receptors possibly decreasing RU effectiveness by having more receptors for DHT to bind to, or maybe even increasing rate of hair loss. It’s a phenomenon observed in the body but research is extremely limited in regard to AR antagonist which are clearly different than 5AR inhibitors like Dut or Fin. 

1 hour ago, Jayson1361 said:

I suppose the title should have read RU58841 causing AR upregulation of receptors. Basically, the idea is RU58841 competes with DHT by binding to AR receptors instead of DHT having a positive influence on hair growth. After a while the idea is that the body reacts by creating more AR receptors possibly decreasing RU effectiveness by having more receptors for DHT to bind to, or maybe even increasing rate of hair loss. It’s a phenomenon observed in the body but research is extremely limited in regard to AR antagonist which are clearly different than 5AR inhibitors like Dut or Fin. 

Ah ok. Upregulation is highly unlikely I believe due to RUs half life. It doesn’t fully suppress the AR and it’s metabolite clears in relatively small time span. There are many anecdotes online that prove its efficacy, and it outdid fin on the masque study. 

also not very related to this upregulation topic, but this is one study on RU 

https://www.infona.pl/resource/bwmeta1.element.elsevier-e5b77395-5e0e-3da3-bef2-0eadea69c845