Difference between follicle, grafts and slits

Hey everyone, firstly I want to thank this community. It's been super informative place for learning more about the hair transplants. I had a question about the difference between all these. My understanding is:

A follicle is one hair

A graft is group of hairs in one group. i.e., there can be 1,2,3,4 etc., hair in a graft.

A slit is the incersion in the recipient area where the hair is transplanted.

First question: Is my understanding correct about these definitions?
Second question: Can multiple grafts be placed in a slit?

The reason i ask is because I recently did a hair transplant and the doctor told me that they made 900 slits and took 1400 grafts. And I am trying to figure out if it makes sense or not.

Thanks for your help, 

Cheers

A follicle is a graft.  A follicular unit can have from 1-5 hairs.  

A slit is an aperture or recipient site. 

Yes, multiple grafts can be placed in a recipient site.  

You must have very poor density, or many 1 hair grafts that are not making much of an impact, particularly farther back into the pattern.  Try to get more info from the doctor and have them send you a report of what exactly was placed.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

I don't think it's accurate that more than one graft can be placed in a single recipient slit... I know that's not how Dr. Mohebi and his team work, and I've never heard of anyone doing this. Your initial understanding of the difference between follicles and grafts is correct. For instance, you'll see in my signature that I had 2,001 grafts but I also have the breakdown of how many follicles/hairs each of those grafts had. If you had 1,400 grafts, I would think that means you would need 1,400 recipient sites. Perhaps ask the doctor to clarify on the chance that you misheard them, because that doesn't make sense to me. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56