25 years old and suffered a lot from hair loss, how many grafts do I need?

Hi folks,

I am a 25 years old male lives in Australia, I have started noticed my receding headline and thin hair since 19 years old, and I started take Finasteride since 22 and since then it has been stablied a bit. But I still feel it is slowly getting worse. It really affects my mental health.

I have been considering dong a hair transplant since last year. This week I finally made the decide to do it in Turkey (going through many thread and I don't think it it worth to do the precedure in Australia). Due to work and other life events, I plan to do the surgery in the mid of 2023 (June- Dec), so I will be 26 then.

Could you guys suggest my how many grafts I need? Also please recommand me some doctors in Turkey, I hope to do it at Kaan Pekiner but I heard he is busy, so I would like to see a few other options, I should have enough budget for the surgery.

Also if any of you have groups or know any Aussies who plan to go to Turkey mid next year for HT, please let me know (obvious I don't want to go alone)

I have uploaded several photos under different light condition, please take a look at give me some suggestions. Thanks folks!

donate_area.jpg

loss_area_left.jpg

loss_area_right.jpg

top.jpg

WeChat Image_20221030213525.jpg

WeChat Image_20221030213534.jpg

WeChat Image_20221030213542.jpg

WeChat Image_20221030213549.jpg

WeChat Image_20221030214007.jpg

On 10/31/2022 at 1:39 AM, Mike10 said:

I tend to agree with the previous poster. I have never been a big fan of such smaller surgeries at such a young age. There arr just too many who have regretted it down the line. 

Thanks, looks like the preious poster just deleted the post. At what age do you think I should consider doing hair transplant? I mean it is kind of hurt to have hair loss problem at young age. I guess if I am 40 I won't care that much.

Hi @david321
Not sure why would someone talk you out of doing a HT if you do suffer from hair loss, the only ones regretting it are those who run to the nearest clinic without caring to check anything at all I guess
According to your plan, doing it when 26, that would be ideal in my opinion, a well planned FUE + some meds to stabilize your hair loss would easily buy you 5 years or more of fine looking hair 

I myself had only wished to have been aware of my hair loss sooner and my first FUE was 26-27 Y\O
Sadly (in my opinion) you do suffer from hairloss and putting the brakes on it now would be a good move and spare you a whole lot of worry and headaches later when you're in your 30s. 

Yes when you're 40 you might think you wouldn't care, but to some people this subject hits hard even in their 40s and 50s. 
Girls pump up their lips, men like to have their head covered :)
As for Turkey clinics, I'd really stay away from those, unless you really do a careful research and validate a proper clinic (ofcourse not all are bad) - this forum has some good legit recommendations 

I'd say 2500-3000 graft FUE for both temples and vortex in 1 go would do the job and consult a doctor about taking some meds
Good luck man, good job being self-aware