One month post op scalp feels dry.

KingTekken

Hi I just discovered this forum.  I had my HT a month ago, I've followed the clinic's advise but my scalp feels dry from shampooing and not applying anything afterwards.

A month after, what products can I use safely on my hair? The donor area. 

Can I brush the donor area now? I'm African American, my donor area looks picky, can I brush it now? 

I have a few pimple, maybe 5 or 6. 2 in transplant area and 3 in donor 

When is it safe to get a haircut?  Especially levelling up the donor area? 

Thanks

Try not to wash your hair as frequently. I remember my hair was sooo dry for the first month or two, constantly flakey because I kept washing it.

My surgeon said after 3 weeks I could have a haircut but I waited 4-5 months.

Regarding your other questions, it is best to double check with your surgeon. I'd try to just use organic, natural only products as much as you can.

• Thanks 1

At 4 weeks post-op, you're able to proceed as normal with your hair routine... Haircuts and all! Just be gentle with it so as not to irritate it. I imagine all the scabs are gone, but if not, soak them in warm shampoo suds to help remove them as well.

How frequently are you washing your hair? And what temperature water are you using? Washing less frequently with cooler water could help - but also it's normal for the scalp to be dry for a considerable amount of time after the HT

Aloe vera could possibly help with the dryness if you want a natural/gentle way to treat it. I know a lot of guys have mentioned that being helpful around here. 

As for the pimples, technically you're not supposed to pop them yourself... But I've honestly never had a pimple i was able to leave alone. If you're close to your surgeon, you could see if they could do it for you. (That's what Dr. Mohebi always suggests/offers for his patients.)

If you have pics of your scalp, that would help us guide you a bit better. Hope that helps a bit for now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56