2800 grafts with dr Kieran Dayah

Tomi

Hey guys so I got my surgery yesterday at the Wimpole clinic in London. I’ll give a run through for anyone who is considering using them. First of all, it was a smooth process, no pain, staff were nice and I felt comfortable with Dr Dayah. We ended up with just over 2,800 grafts for my entire thinning scalp. I wasn’t aware but the technicians did most of the work, I didn’t feel uncomfortable with that but I think that was a question I should have of asked. But overall, I left feeling pretty assured and am eager to see the result.

These images were taken pre op and immediately post op (with a slight hairline adjustment & sorry i didn’t manage to get a clean donor picture). I am taking finasteride now and am hoping for a good result but also somewhat prepared for a second procedure if needed but hopefully not for a while. Happy to hear your opinions and thoughts. I will give a 6 month update and if anyone feels like you may be in a similar situation to me before surgery & has any questions I’m happy to answer :) 

CFAFF595-4FD5-466D-B6E6-F0FFE3073AAD.thumb.jpeg.1ad26617356563202332f964da768f77.jpeg222F00DF-0FF2-493D-9B6A-FAD872FC0270.thumb.jpeg.95afb91224675a9daab0002f6e3335cc.jpegA44B9795-2B5F-4A0C-885F-25D75BA5E013.thumb.jpeg.d5d4ca701f0d9a03fa6b651a9647b31d.jpeg

1BE76681-1F9C-486A-84CE-9F3CAED02E6C.thumb.jpeg.104d60eaf943e73ad30e821f779d2aae.jpeg

Edited by Tomi

2800 grafts over that area then yeh it’s possible you may need another procedure, i don’t know what cm2 they were aiming for when implanting? 
Donor area looks ok with regards to the extraction pattern. Did the Dr do the incision step? Not surprised with the techs doing most of the work, if you did get another procedure I would really look elsewhere. 

Yeah he did the incisions. I’m not sure of the grafts per cm. And thankyou, yes is unlikely I will need a beard transplant 😅 well. We’ll see the results soon enough 

• Like 1

Just now, Tomi said:

Yeah he did the incisions. I’m not sure of the grafts per cm. And thankyou, yes is unlikely I will need a beard transplant 😅 well. We’ll see the results soon enough 

Yeh, will follow this thread to see how it develops 👍🏿

@broskihey mate yeah healing well as far as I can tell, in fact, looks a lot better than most peoples cases I have seen in the way of scabbing and I am not having any real problems with pain or itchiness. Just a bit swollen still and made my eyes puffy. The whole thing was not any where near as bad as I expected. I’m taking fin 1mg now with no sides as of yet. I’ll post a 6 month update 👍🏻

• Like 1

ah thanks for your reply - are you taking 1mg daily ?

i recently visited wimpole and was also recommended the same surgeon you had but like you am a little concerned by some of the comments from other users about wimpole in general. do you remember who did your extractions ?

My advice to you is to start taking finasteride now. See how you go with it and how your body reacts in the way of stopping your hair loss and potentially improving it and wait 6 months. 90%+ chance it will work and you won’t have any sides. Then in that time you will see an update from me with final results. I feel like they are a fine choice, sure not the best but I’m not regretting it. The months after your procedure are full of exciting highs awaiting the result and also full of uncertainty so I wouldn’t want to give anyone any advice right now aside from taking fin before your procedure so you can rule that out as a potential issue and stabilize your hair loss now. I had a women called sha (I think) who seemed very professional and I felt comfortable with. But the proof is in the pudding and we will know soon enough if the final result is satisfactory. Here’s a updated picture day 12 post op 0FD0B53A-F2B6-4D0B-8050-0BC63B40454C.thumb.jpeg.17b0494f498258f4e8b8340a4e5cec61.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomi said:

My advice to you is to start taking finasteride now. See how you go with it and how your body reacts in the way of stopping your hair loss and potentially improving it and wait 6 months. 90%+ chance it will work and you won’t have any sides. Then in that time you will see an update from me with final results. I feel like they are a fine choice, sure not the best but I’m not regretting it. The months after your procedure are full of exciting highs awaiting the result and also full of uncertainty so I wouldn’t want to give anyone any advice right now aside from taking fin before your procedure so you can rule that out as a potential issue and stabilize your hair loss now. I had a women called sha (I think) who seemed very professional and I felt comfortable with. But the proof is in the pudding and we will know soon enough if the final result is satisfactory. Here’s a updated picture day 12 post op 0FD0B53A-F2B6-4D0B-8050-0BC63B40454C.thumb.jpeg.17b0494f498258f4e8b8340a4e5cec61.jpeg

thanks for your advice - and while i'm no expert i think that looks really good. how is your donor area doing ? did they say they could have taken more that 2800 grafts or was that towards the top end ? 

@broskiyeah it looks like clean work to me, can’t see the donor area any more and minimal redness in the recipient area. Looks, for the most part un noticeable to the untrained eye at this point don’t feel weird walking around in public like this at all. Still feels a bit numb though but I’ve been told that’s normal and can last a month! He said when he was doing it he could have fit another 1000 grafts (it was a tough call as to how many they could fit without damaging my native hair) which is good to know because the transplant was pretty front heavy and I’m expecting (unless I get a great result from fin) that my crown will still look thin so, I’ll see how my donor heals and see how many more grafts I can potentially take to do another ht in a couple of years. But I think that is probably another draw back of Wimpole, they seem to suggest 3000 is probably the maximum they would do in a day. Maybe that’s a good thing because anything more than that, I’d expect the surgeons would become fatigued. I was there from 7.45 until 4.30.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 2:07 AM, Tomi said:

@broskiyeah it looks like clean work to me, can’t see the donor area any more and minimal redness in the recipient area. Looks, for the most part un noticeable to the untrained eye at this point don’t feel weird walking around in public like this at all. Still feels a bit numb though but I’ve been told that’s normal and can last a month! He said when he was doing it he could have fit another 1000 grafts (it was a tough call as to how many they could fit without damaging my native hair) which is good to know because the transplant was pretty front heavy and I’m expecting (unless I get a great result from fin) that my crown will still look thin so, I’ll see how my donor heals and see how many more grafts I can potentially take to do another ht in a couple of years. But I think that is probably another draw back of Wimpole, they seem to suggest 3000 is probably the maximum they would do in a day. Maybe that’s a good thing because anything more than that, I’d expect the surgeons would become fatigued. I was there from 7.45 until 4.30.

Sorry for the slow reply and thanks again for the updates / advice.

i’m now taking 1mg of fin per day - have been for about 3 weeks and i can see new little hair growing in the places that were previously barren. They are just little fine hairs so not sure if they will develop into anything more. Maybe i should look at ways to help this.

How‘s it all going your end ?  

• 1 month later...

E7C3D1C1-0592-4106-BBF8-314934A05167.thumb.png.8df112592c564ffeb1928cf56b3cea77.pngHi @Jose9not much to report mate, I am at 9 weeks into the process and have had the usual ugly duck phase symptoms shedding/redness and not looking crash hot, but, all expected and staying as positive and patient as I can awaiting the results. No side effects to fin. Feeling hopeful and will post some results when I see progress in the next couple of months. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

@Tomi Hey, any update at the 6 month mark? You must have some decent results by now.

I had a similiar procedure done in January with Dr Dayah at Wimpole for the front and mid section. I'm 10 weeks post op. Just wondering how yours is getting on.

Hey @JoeG I’m not quite 6 months yet but yeah, have had significant result and beginning to be happy with it. I think I may be somewhat a slow grower as it is still thin so hoping for thickness in the coming months. These pics are from today is direct sunlight m. Opinions welcomed by all. Thanks 

E55F4967-DA97-4EF6-B5DA-731402032B44.jpeg

01E37D15-A28C-4BB2-B75C-03FFDE7BDDFC.jpeg

D8273B5D-A28B-4874-9E48-FD17F9FF5BA8.jpeg

@Tomi Oh cool! That looks good! You've got a much better hairline now than before. Plus it frames your face nicely. So if that's month 5, I'm sure you'll continue getting more density in month 6 too. Those are supposed to be the boom growth months.

I've just hit week 10 so still in the ugly duckling phase, just waiting for growth to start. Looking forward to the exciting times ahead.

7 hours ago, JoeG said:

@Tomi Oh cool! That looks good! You've got a much better hairline now than before. Plus it frames your face nicely. So if that's month 5, I'm sure you'll continue getting more density in month 6 too. Those are supposed to be the boom growth months.

I've just hit week 10 so still in the ugly duckling phase, just waiting for growth to start. Looking forward to the exciting times ahead.

Thanks man. Ugly duckling phase sucks and definitely a test of character. My ONLY advice for this stage is to not let it rule you, shave your head down to number 1 & try not to think about it and let time pass by as usual. After 3 months the redness subsided & I started not wearing a hat and rocking the buzz cut. Helps with regaining confidence for later, if you can rock the ugly duck, you have already won.