US vs Turkish surgeons for small, diffuse hair transplant?

Lisoosh

Hello all!

Thank you so much for sharing on this forum. I have learnt so much! I am a woman with thin hair particularly at the center part and considering hair transplantation. I think I would not have more than 1000-1500 grafts. I do not want any reshaping of hairline or filling in temples. Rather, I would hope to fill in the diffuse, thin hair area perhaps 3-4 inches around the front center part.

I understand there’s a great deal of artistry involved in natural results but I am not sure if that’s so relevant for me where the hairline will not be modified. My main concern is shock loss and excessive donor scarring. With those factors in mind, how relevant do other members think it is to see a US vs Turkish surgeon? I am aware of Konior, Bernstein, Wesley, Dorin, H&W, Gabel as well as Bicer in Turkey.

I’m wondering what would be the downside of seeing someone like Bicer as opposed to the others, for the specific concerns of shock loss and scarring.  What are the main determinant for issues like shock loss and scarring, aside from the patient’s own bodily reaction— is it equipment, or the surgeons hand skills or techniques, or whether they are taking adequate time? 

In case it makes a difference, I don’t have active or increasing hair loss. I had a hormonal medication change some years ago that caused sudden intense thinning. When issue was addressed, the lost hair didn’t return but additional loss didn’t happen.  

I’d be truly curious and grateful in anything I can learn from other forum members thoughts!

753945F9-F666-4D0E-8ABD-12DA386BBD71.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Lisoosh said:

Nice! Thank you, I reached out to Chicago Hair Institute and they forwarded to  Dr. Konior, he answered me and I sent him pics. I wonder if he will forward to Dr. Nadimi if she does more of the female work? 

It’s more than possible, you can also ask for her, Dr Konior is world renowned but Dr Nadimi is building up a nice reputation herself. Both are obviously good choices, just that i see more female work coming from Dr Nadimi.

@DrTBarghouthiIs someone who also has quite a few really nice female results. You already had some other pretty good names, trawl though the forum for results and reach out to as many as possible! 

• Thanks 1

So interesting and thanks so much! So how would you choose, though? Is there a skill level difference? I would pay more for security and less danger, but I’m really curious how one would evaluate the differences or potential different results, pros and cons. I’ll definitely reach out to Dr. Barghouti as well! 

3 hours ago, Lisoosh said:

So interesting and thanks so much! So how would you choose, though? Is there a skill level difference? I would pay more for security and less danger, but I’m really curious how one would evaluate the differences or potential different results, pros and cons. I’ll definitely reach out to Dr. Barghouti as well! 

Look at as many results as you can, Dr Konior is one of the most experienced/skilled anywhere worldwide, Dr Nadimi is his protege and is developing her own skill set. I like the results I see from both, sometimes it comes down to personal preference when choosing, you may see something you prefer from either. Always difficult to call when choosing the better/ elite Drs. 
Have you see @x.moonprincess.xothread? I can link it in for you if not?

Edited by Pbaird98
  • Thanks 1

Interesting!! I did see her thread and l loved it! It was nice to see more women’s experiences. I will try to look at more examples- I really cant tell so much difference between surgeons but maybe can keep looking and learn. Thanks again :) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lisoosh said:

Interesting!! I did see her thread and l loved it! It was nice to see more women’s experiences. I will try to look at more examples- I really cant tell so much difference between surgeons but maybe can keep looking and learn. Thanks again :) 

Just putting female etc in the search bar should throw up quite a lot of threads/discussions/recommendations. The best advice I can give is to keeping looking and learning as you go, one thing you will notice is Turkey isn’t the place to go for for females, you’re going to be hard pushed to find much, maybe Dr Bicer has cases, just can’t recall seeing any. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lisoosh said:

Ohhh that’s very interesting and helpful to hear. I will do those searches and yes, maybe try to work with someone who focuses on women. I wonder if Dr. Nadimi is less booked out than Konior as well. 

Yes the waiting list is usually less for her. I’m sure I read a post just recently that gave the current waiting lists for both, if I find it I will update here. 

• Like 1

Just because Konior mentored Nadimi does not mean Nadimi is an elite surgeon. Funny to always see their names mentioned side by side. 

The only reason to consider Turkey is if you cant afford one of the elite N.A. or European docs.

If you truly need as little work as you believe, i would just pay the premium cost of seeing an elite doctor closer to you. 

When you consider the travel costs of going to Turkey, the cost of paying more for an elite surgeon might even itself out

*not sure where you live. The above assumes an elite doctor is much closer to you than Turkey.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Just because Konior mentored Nadimi does not mean Nadimi is an elite surgeon. Funny to always see their names mentioned side by side. 

The only reason to consider Turkey is if you cant afford one of the elite N.A. or European docs.

If you truly need as little work as you believe, i would just pay the premium cost of seeing an elite doctor closer to you. 

When you consider the travel costs of going to Turkey, the cost of paying more for an elite surgeon might even itself out

*not sure where you live. The above assumes an elite doctor is much closer to you than Turkey.

What i wrote was:

It’s more than possible, you can also ask for her, Dr Konior is world renowned but Dr Nadimi is building up a nice reputation herself. Both are obviously good choices, just that i see more female work coming from Dr Nadimi.

Dr Nadimi is his protege and is developing her own skill set. I like the results I see from both

No I don’t believe they both the same level, OP mentioned she was looking for Drs and I see Dr Nadimi doing good work of her own, especially with female cases. OP already mentioned Dr Konior. 

Edited by Pbaird98
  • Like 1