Experience with Wait Times for Surgery

Mike009

Based on the inputs provided by some experienced people in this form contacted few HT clinics in USA.

Dr shapiro office - First available appointment for consulting in Dec 2022 , expected surgery date is around May 2023.

Dr Konior /Nadimi   - First available appointment for consulting in Dec 2022 , expected surgery date is around March 2023.

How was your experience with wait times was it this long all the time ? Any tips for getting early appointments is highly appreciated.

I’m scheduled with Dr Nadimi in a couple weeks, waited about 6 months, waiting shouldn’t be your concern, the best docs have wait list for a reason so don’t be in a hurry, do your research and prepare yourself for the journey, there’s no instant gratification!

• Like 2

Dr Nadimi was trained by Konior, uses the same technicians, same technique and her results to me look totally natural and equal to Konior, with that said both of them in my mind are amazing, from my research the best of the best, but ultimately Nadimi fits my budget more than Konior, now I wouldn’t choose any doctor based on money alone ultimately it’s my research that led me to both Konior and Nadimi and I would be very comfortable going with either doc. When  I reached out online for my consultation I specifically asked for Dr Nadimi because I had already did hour’s / weeks / months of research on this forum. As for wait time on Konior you could contact the clinic but I have read from others on this forum that he’s a year or more out. 

• Like 1

You can be on a reserve list and get a last-minute procedure done if there are any cancellations. Sometimes this will work out cheaper, too. However, I don't really think you should be too put off by longer wait times. It is more about choosing the right doctor and clinic. I'm sure you have dealt with hair loss for years, or even decades. At this point, why stress over a few extra months?

Do your research, find the perfect doctor/clinic and go from there.

Echoing that it's a great idea to see if they offer a wait list for when last minute cancellations happen. That's how I got my appointment so fast way back when. As long as your schedule is flexible and you're able to jump in with little notice, that's a great way to go. 

Otherwise, don't be deterred by a long wait time should it come to that. Time always goes by faster than we anticipate, and whenever you book an appointment, it'll be here before you know it. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56