Longevita Turkey - February 2022 - 4K grafts. Daily / Weekly photos for 7 months.

phil_tc

Went for 4k grafts in February 2022 to Istanbul Turkey with Longevita.
Really happy with the results so far, took photos daily then weekly from the day of the op, to 7 months on (this month).
Hoping to go back next year for my crown area.
Wanted to share my results. Uploaded photos into a video:

40955c7a-bc5d-4aa8-934f-211725727e55.thumb.jpg.7a7499bdfea03e0103feb43d4cec30f4.jpgIMG_2697.thumb.jpg.90c36d1317f967d4fad85192bb5d94fc.jpgIMG_2699.thumb.jpg.270fd9571815a5181024b3a1f1b341f6.jpgIMG_4404.thumb.jpg.7b63e2da52e7acda2c905289b5ad6f5c.jpgIMG_4896.thumb.jpg.b220031cd80b29b16aa3fc274d87cc72.jpg

Looking to go back next year for the crown area.
Any questions - Fire away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITA said:

This is clear proof that even hair mills produce excellent results from time to time.  This patient played Russian Roulette and it went well for him.

Hi ITA - Wasn't even aware that I was playing Russian Roulette to be honest, was a great experience start to finish. But then I didn't know any different.
Are you saying I shouldn't go back for a 2nd procedure with these guys? Really happy with the first one.

21 minutes ago, phil_tc said:

Hi ITA - Wasn't even aware that I was playing Russian Roulette to be honest, was a great experience start to finish. But then I didn't know any different.
Are you saying I shouldn't go back for a 2nd procedure with these guys? Really happy with the first one.

No, no, go back quietly.

2 hours ago, ITA said:

This is clear proof that even hair mills produce excellent results from time to time.  This patient played Russian Roulette and it went well for him.

In the hairloss conquerer group, there are many patients singing praises of hairmills that are considered butcher shops on this forum. I don’t know whether they’re fake or real but the sheer amount of them, I doubt most of them are fake.

49 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

Really nice result. When you will do crown it will be a complete transformation ! Enjoy it 😊

Thanks Jackdaniels - Will post up final pictures next year when done.

41 minutes ago, ITA said:

No, no, go back quietly.

Will do! Thanks ITA

31 minutes ago, Alphaone said:

In the hairloss conquerer group, there are many patients singing praises of hairmills that are considered butcher shops on this forum. I don’t know whether they’re fake or real but the sheer amount of them, I doubt most of them are fake.

Totally unaware, so thank you - Didn't realise that I was going to a hairmill, or they even existed. Went in totally blind which by the sounds wasnt a bad thing.
All I can say was I had a good experience. Aftercare wasnt great / in fact it consisted of a visit back to the hospital the next day and that was it. Flight home the day after that and then well looked after by the wife.
So guess I've been very lucky.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, phil_tc said:

So the thing with places like Longevita is that they’re generally quite decent at moving hair from point A to B. But there’s much more artistry required with a quality hair transplant than that and these cheap clinics that perform multiple surgeries per day simply aren’t very good at getting even their best results to look as natural as possible. 

Three things you typically see from these clinics:

1. Hairline shape is always the same stock shape with the sloping sides at the temple corners. 

2. Linear hairline with a lack of irregularities: hairline is too symmetrical, and the actual hairline lacks breakup and softening through a slightly more randomised and zigzag pattern. 

3. Hairline has too many multiple graft hairs instead of fine single & ordinary single grafts, often because these budget clinics aren’t using microscopes and are not cutting multi graft hairs into singles where needed. 

Because you haven’t provided a high resolution image of the hairline it’s hard to say how prevalent those issues are with your own results. I can see some evidence of the stock Turkish hairline shape (it’s not always a bad thing and yours looks good still). I can see a little evidence of a linear hairline in your immediate post op photos, but without a clear high res close up I cant say for sure. Ditto with the single hairs vs multi hair grafts. 

You have gotten really good coverage though and the salt & pepper hair colour is pretty cool!

Unfortunately most guys don’t learn these finer details to what makes a natural looking result and, as such go to places based on price and hence end up playing Russian Roulette; your growth & coverage looks great, so that’s a big win. The real test of the HT will be the level of refinement in the hairline as mentioned above. 

Should you go there for the crown work? First I’d want to know how refined the hairline work is before making a judgement call. I’d also want to see how good they are at recreating a crown whorl pattern. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Berba11 said:

So the thing with places like Longevita is that they’re generally quite decent at moving hair from point A to B. But there’s much more artistry required with a quality hair transplant than that and these cheap clinics that perform multiple surgeries per day simply aren’t very good at getting even their best results to look as natural as possible. 

Three things you typically see from these clinics:

1. Hairline shape is always the same stock shape with the sloping sides at the temple corners. 

2. Linear hairline with a lack of irregularities: hairline is too symmetrical, and the actual hairline lacks breakup and softening through a slightly more randomised and zigzag pattern. 

3. Hairline has too many multiple graft hairs instead of fine single & ordinary single grafts, often because these budget clinics aren’t using microscopes and are not cutting multi graft hairs into singles where needed. 

Because you haven’t provided a high resolution image of the hairline it’s hard to say how prevalent those issues are with your own results. I can see some evidence of the stock Turkish hairline shape (it’s not always a bad thing and yours looks good still). I can see a little evidence of a linear hairline in your immediate post op photos, but without a clear high res close up I cant say for sure. Ditto with the single hairs vs multi hair grafts. 

You have gotten really good coverage though and the salt & pepper hair colour is pretty cool!

Unfortunately most guys don’t learn these finer details to what makes a natural looking result and, as such go to places based on price and hence end up playing Russian Roulette; your growth & coverage looks great, so that’s a big win. The real test of the HT will be the level of refinement in the hairline as mentioned above. 

Should you go there for the crown work? First I’d want to know how refined the hairline work is before making a judgement call. I’d also want to see how good they are at recreating a crown whorl pattern. 

Thanks Berba11

Can you tell better with these?

Using my iPhone isnt the best, here's a couple of close ups of the hairline this morning

IMG_4920.thumb.jpg.1e67c548f96930c19751446da37365aa.jpgIMG_4923.thumb.jpg.98560d8468ecd351efa9342887356a60.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, phil_tc said:

Thanks Berba11

Using my iPhone isnt the best, here's a couple of close ups of the hairline this morning

IMG_4920.thumb.jpg.1e67c548f96930c19751446da37365aa.jpgIMG_4923.thumb.jpg.98560d8468ecd351efa9342887356a60.jpg

It looks natural to me. They did a good work on you bro. Enjoy your result. How much did u pay for the 4k grafts ? 

34 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

It looks natural to me. They did a good work on you bro. Enjoy your result. How much did u pay for the 4k grafts ? 

Thanks Jackdaniels - Longevita Turkey cost was £1170 (I bought it pre-pandemic and had to wait for all the travel restrictions to lift before I could go).
They had a "black friday" deal on for £820 which is what I paid back in November 2020. 
This didn't include flights and only included 1 nights accomodation.
Took the wife and stayed in Istanbul for 5 days.. fab place.
This obviously bumped up the cost :)

Here's the offer they had on then..

image.thumb.png.90c8747a0f62b27df8cd1c8c86b6c1a7.png

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, phil_tc said:

Thanks Berba11

Hair to say at that resolution. Looks okay though!

• 7 months later...