Rejected grafts??

Hi guys! I am growing a bit worried about my hair transplant results especially in the circled area along my hairline. The hair looks kinda botched up and its seems on some parts of the scalp the grafts didn't take, especially the area circled in green. I know Its too early to tell and nothing can be done, but just want to know if the botchy appearance is normal at this stage. It is especially worrisome, since I had my hair transplant done at a hair mill in turkey. Had my HT on 7/19/22 4400 grafts DHI.

Day 13 after transplant 

IMG_0594.thumb.jpeg.162fdddc470b3c69d0730c7d24a66f62.jpeg

Currently at 75 days. 

938f6a1a-7550-4c60-98ea-614d211d8599.thumb.jpeg.dcfbd53de699ad3ee01bacd75ac089bb.jpeg

Edited by Chemoman

@Chemoman,

Honestly, at this early stage you have absolutely nothing to worry about. At 2.5 months, most if not all of the transplanted hair has shed and there are bound to be areas of the scalp that look bare - especially if you are also experiencing shock loss (a temporary loss of natural hair called telogen effluvium due to trauma to the scalp from surgery).

In fact, this particular phase (which is typically between 1.5 to 4 months post-op) is often referred to as the doldrums or the ugly duckling phase.  This is because the patient’s hair typically looks thinner than it did prior to surgery.

Nonetheless, within a couple of months, you will be out of this phase and your new hair will be sprouting quite nicely. Just keep in mind that it’s a gradual process that takes 12 to 18 months to fully mature.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.