Sleeping after my HT

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how long it usually takes before you begin getting a full nights sleep after your HT? Ever since the day of my surgery (4/1/2010), I've yet to sleep through the entire night. My head doesn't necessarily hurt, but it just gets uncomfortable and tight feeling around 2-3 am and I usually have to get up for a bit, take some motrin and hang out for an hour or so and then I can go back to bed. Any body have any suggestions or tips for sleeping better? I'm still using the neck pillow at the moment and I'm curious as to when I can switch to my normal pillow since I'm a big on my side sleeper. Thanks in advance!

I got good sleep after my hair transplant because I took some sleeping pills for the first 3 nights. Maybe you should think about using this for a few nights until your head starts to heal a little?

One of the main reason you probably can't get to sleep is not because of the pain but because you are worrying too much. Just try to relax a little. The pain should almost disappear after 9 days post op.

Who was your surgeon?

I had it from the first night. I think it can be attributed to the fact that I didn't shave my head this time so my hair, which is quiet long, acted as a 'pillow'.

This was for my 3rd, for the other two I shaved and both were a pain for a full week..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha i have a funny story about that. but to answer your question its best to sleep on your sides or face up which i find very hard since the scar is back there. anyways back to my funny story. i think it was like 2 weeks after my procedure i got fed up with sleeping on my sides and face up (i usually sleep face down) so i decided to just sleep the normal way which is face down. now there is a reason why the doctors say to not sleep face down and i found out the hard way hahaha i woke up the next day and the area inbewteen my eyes was swollen! like if i got into a fight or something haha. luckly i do mma and when people asked about my face they assumed it was my fighting lol. it went away after 3 days and was fine after that.