Hair seems frizzy after washing

johnboy

Johnboy,

Are you referring to the newly transplanted hairs, or the rest of your original native hair?

Transplanted hair can remain in a "kinky" stage for many months after your procedure. Eventually, it should become softer-looking and much more manageable. The texture and appearance of any freshly transplanted follicles that were retained will especially seem different.

If you've been babying the scalp during the initial healing period, which many of us tend to do, it's possible that the rest of your hair simply isn't receiving the thorough washing it normally enjoyed before the transplant. Then there's the other possibility of aggressive over-washing. My hair felt a bit flat at first and didn't return to its original texture and volume until I felt comfortable resuming regular shampooing/conditioning.

Or it's just your imagination. icon_biggrin.gif

Best,

Anthony (youngsuccess)

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Hi johnboy-

It could be a couple of things. As youngsuccess pointed out, if you are speaking about your newly transplanted hairs being frizzy and your other hair is normal, it will calm down as it matures over time.

If you are talking about your entire head of hair being frizzy, that could be due to the time of year i.e winter. This is assuming that you are in a cold dry environment.