good Density?

2 weeks ago I had a hair transplant by a renowned surgeon at a local clinic in my city, following good ratings. However I fear the density might not be enough. I was unable to see the true density because of scab formation. After 13 days of hair transplant, i removed the scabs and  observed this particular density at my scalp (see picture). During scab removal, I saw a lot of hair shedding out. I did a huge mistake not asking the exact grafts number, however the doc ensured me he went with "maximum" density and told me if I didnt like the result in one year he will fix that.  What do you think about the density?

IMG_5172.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5560.jpg

f3e864fa-d787-41ce-a2eb-4580b1e480a5.jpg

01840e0c-593b-455a-b756-7899690154bb.jpg

119e2909-ef9e-462b-b01a-ddd9c3a65465.JPG

@olic_g,

Because the postop pictures inckude a multitude of scabs and the two week pictures contain a lot of hair shedding, it’s difficult to get an idea of the density of the transplanted hairs.  That said, many surgeons will create patient charts and info including notes on density (FU/cm2) at the time of surgery.Thus, your surgeon should have that info whether or not you asked on the day of surgery or now.  

It sounds like you spoke with your surgeon and he told you that he provided “Max density and pool. I would ask more specifically what that means and hopefully he/she can provide the answerable you’re looking for.

Other than that, the only other thing you can do is wait it out and see what your hair looks like when it all grows in.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

@olic_g,

Typically transplanted hair starts to shed between 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. However, it’s possible that it can shed sooner which is clearly true in your case. Looking at your last couple pictures, I don’t see anything to be concerned about and if I had to guess, I’d say you probably have at least adequate density to make a nice cosmetic difference.  Keep in mind, that if you always want more density, you can always go back and get more after your results grow in.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.