Scheduled & ready for Eugenix...expectations?

general-etwan

9 hours ago, Shaik said:

Good Luck Brother. since you are young , your growth levels should be good. hoping for best results. All the best.

I hope so and expect so, within reason. Also to respond to above posts about just shaving my head: to assure you, I wouldn't be on this forum if I had been okay with shaving my head for life and just moving on. It's not acceptable to me; I tried it, and I will be existentially dead if this is never fixed to some degree in my early youth. I do not show my scalp to anyone, ever, except my mother...that is how much I hate the hand I was dealt. I do not expect or need a full head of NW0 hair. I need a reasonable hairline for my age, which will soon be 30. And I expect it's totally doable, even if my donor area is only average, since my beard is strong. 

I also plan to add oral minoxidil to my life soon since I conclude it's likely to be an effective additional tool (topical minoxidil has ultimately gotten on my nerves and is gross).

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 3:29 PM, Dillpickle123 said:

I think you should go for temple points as eugenix is very good at them and will give the framing of the face you want 

Thanks for your input; ultimately this will have to be a game time decision once I find out what the exact math is with the doctor when we start the physical process. If they tell me that doing significant temple work will leave the crown area more bare or the top too thin, I might not like that. I don’t think my temples are too awful; if I have to sacrifice them in order to have critical density on top, so be it. But once we examine the math, I’ll make that decision. 

On 9/2/2022 at 3:36 PM, Bandit90 said:

You are in best hands! Your donor is much better than mine by the looks, so i’m confident you will yield a great result too! Good luck, looking very forward to how this turns out! Will be following closely! 

Thank you….I check up on your progress once in a while and am consistently thrilled to see the fantastic results you’re getting for a situation that the vast majority of doctors would’ve considered far too gone. 

One thing I would advise is go there with an open mind. Factor in that they may want to do this surgery over two sittings. I had a very similar inital plan whereby they wanted to do all in one sitting. But when I got there Dr Pradeep said if I was willing to do over two sitting he could knock out the park. Personally if your cool with a two phase approach, let the docs know asap, as it gives them a lot of breathing space. 

Edited by Bandit90

10 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

One thing I would advise is go there with an open mind. Factor in that they may want to do this surgery over two sittings. I had a very similar inital plan whereby they wanted to do all in one sitting. But when I got there Dr Pradeep said if I was willing to do over two sitting he could knock out the park. Personally if your cool with a two phase approach, let the docs know asap, as it gives them a lot of breathing space. 

Will keep an open mind for sure. Will wait to examine the math and artistic possibilities once I get there, and base a plan on that. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 10:32 PM, general-etwan said:

Will keep an open mind for sure. Will wait to examine the math and artistic possibilities once I get there, and base a plan on that. Thank you!

Is your procedure done ?  Please post pics regarding pre and post operative. I am also scheduled for HT from Eugenix with Dr Das  coming weekend .Hope to meet you there !.

On 9/14/2022 at 8:45 PM, Madhur Vansil said:

Is your procedure done ?  Please post pics regarding pre and post operative. I am also scheduled for HT from Eugenix with Dr Das  coming weekend .Hope to meet you there !.

One day down, one to go. Chilling at the hotel. Just to state, I'm not one to spend a lot of time sharing stuff but I will try to share a little bit of some pics/info soon. 

Day 1 was very exhausting but I've been so impressed by the entire team. I only expect be treated like any other person, but they really do treat you like a god here. Dr. Das spent about 30 minutes with me explaining what the plan was going to be. Unfortunately, my donor area is not as strong as anyone would hope, so Dr. Das explained that the total graft outcome might be revised downward from 6500 to more around 5000 total. We went with a conservative hairline, as I expected, somewhere between the two lines I had drawn on my pictures. No temple work; we agreed my temples are OK and it would not be a good idea to spend grafts there. The entire first day involved taking donor from the back left and right sides of my head and relocating them to the hairline all the way to the mid-scalp area. I think we've done just over 3,000 total there. Dr. Das made all the incisions and then the senior techs began all their work. Day 2 will be taking from the center back of the head and relocating to the crown area, with the beard hair I expect too. I did suffer some amount of pain and they had to keep giving me more local anesthetic. I also toughed it up and tried to push through some of the pain, to which they made sure I understood that I should tell them immediately when I feel pain and that it was not a burden. Mainly, I just felt this massive pressure all across my head for the several hours they were working on it. Dr. Das looked over all the work from day 1 and said I have a good density and she's very happy with how it's going so far despite my concerning donor quality.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, general-etwan said:

One day down, one to go. Chilling at the hotel. Just to state, I'm not one to spend a lot of time sharing stuff but I will try to share a little bit of some pics/info soon. 

Day 1 was very exhausting but I've been so impressed by the entire team. I only expect be treated like any other person, but they really do treat you like a god here. Dr. Das spent about 30 minutes with me explaining what the plan was going to be. Unfortunately, my donor area is not as strong as anyone would hope, so Dr. Das explained that the total graft outcome might be revised downward from 6500 to more around 5000 total. We went with a conservative hairline, as I expected, somewhere between the two lines I had drawn on my pictures. No temple work; we agreed my temples are OK and it would not be a good idea to spend grafts there. The entire first day involved taking donor from the back left and right sides of my head and relocating them to the hairline all the way to the mid-scalp area. I think we've done just over 3,000 total there. Dr. Das made all the incisions and then the senior techs began all their work. Day 2 will be taking from the center back of the head and relocating to the crown area, with the beard hair I expect too. I did suffer some amount of pain and they had to keep giving me more local anesthetic. I also toughed it up and tried to push through some of the pain, to which they made sure I understood that I should tell them immediately when I feel pain and that it was not a burden. Mainly, I just felt this massive pressure all across my head for the several hours they were working on it. Dr. Das looked over all the work from day 1 and said I have a good density and she's very happy with how it's going so far despite my concerning donor quality.

All the best. Post pictures when you're done!

• Like 1