Afro hair - Hair mill or Doctor

Guevara

I'm looking to get my FUE hair transplant done in Turkey. I've got black afro hair so I'm unsure which is the best clinic to go for. I'm looking at a hair mill and a doctor:
a) The hair mill uses technicians for the process. For the procedure they estimated requiring up to 3,000 grafts (not like other hair mills that estimate 5,000 grafts being required). Finally, the hair mill has a lot of experience of dealing with afro hair. I've counted 8 reviews I've seen from non-sponsored individuals with afro hair like mine on YouTube and they look really good. 

b) The doctor has been recommended by the forum. They produce good results overall, but I have not seen many cases of them dealing with afro hair. I've asked them and they could only send me one picture.

Who would you recommend between those two? Others also? My budget is up to USD 3,000

Don’t go to hair mills. This is a procedure altering your appearance, going to a hair mill drastically increases the chances of your final result being subpar or even possibly looking worse than you were before.

for Afro hair, I’ve been impressed by Dr Bisanga from Belgium.

Only good options in Turkey that I would trust and look into further are Bicer and FUECapilar.

You will need to increase your budget. Never let money have a say in who you choose. I would also recommend looking outside of Turkey.

• Like 2

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

2 hours ago, Guevara said:

I'm looking to get my FUE hair transplant done in Turkey. I've got black afro hair so I'm unsure which is the best clinic to go for. I'm looking at a hair mill and a doctor:
a) The hair mill uses technicians for the process. For the procedure they estimated requiring up to 3,000 grafts (not like other hair mills that estimate 5,000 grafts being required). Finally, the hair mill has a lot of experience of dealing with afro hair. I've counted 8 reviews I've seen from non-sponsored individuals with afro hair like mine on YouTube and they look really good. 

b) The doctor has been recommended by the forum. They produce good results overall, but I have not seen many cases of them dealing with afro hair. I've asked them and they could only send me one picture.

Who would you recommend between those two? Others also? My budget is up to USD 3,000

Who are the places youre looking at. Once you state those youll get a flood of people telling you not to do it for very good reasons. If you know they are hair mills... stay away.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

Which specific Dr and which specific mill?  Obviously the latter is a risky situation inherently, but if you feel willing to proceed with your scalp knowing full well you're increasing the risk of looking horrible as a result, go to the mill and Turkey and roll the dice  You're an adult.

Thank you all for your responses. I'm reluctant to put the names of the hair mill or doctor because as soon as I put it people will think I'm a paid supporter of the hair mill. 

Main question is, is afro hair that different from non-afro hair when it comes to hair transplants?

1 hour ago, mister_25 said:

Don’t go to hair mills. This is a procedure altering your appearance, going to a hair mill drastically increases the chances of your final result being subpar or even possibly looking worse than you were before.

for Afro hair, I’ve been impressed by Dr Bisanga from Belgium.

Only good options in Turkey that I would trust and look into further are Bicer and FUECapilar.

You will need to increase your budget. Never let money have a say in who you choose. I would also recommend looking outside of Turkey.

I've considered FUECapillar, but they have a long waiting list and unclear they've dealt with afro hair. Are they reputable for dealing with afro hair?

It's abit hard to say if the hair mill is relatively safe or a one way ticket to botchland (exagerrated, but you get my point), is why they asked the dr name's.

Afro hair follicle growth is spiral like, which means extraction isn't as simple as angling it the same direction the hair is.

Below is an example, and sometime, it can even be more drastic with the follicle being bent to a C / J like shape

image.png.428eb276250381a71571d4ed2415d821.png

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Guevara said:

Neither. I would look at the recommended surgeons from the forum that turn out outstanding results on Afrocentric hair on a regular basis and start from there. If it is too expensive then postpone surgery and save up until you can afford it. This is a life long commitment over the life span. With all of the posts of people showing there butchered results here I don't know why you would even consider choosing a hair mill? All the best.