How do you measure from glabella to your hairline the proper way?

HiĀ šŸ™‚

Iā€™m wondering if anyone knows what is the correct way to measure the height from your glabella to your hairline. Iā€™ve seen two approaches to doing this and they give very different results. Some measurer straight up to get a Ā«visualĀ» measurement while others use a measuring tape and let it follow the contour of the forehead up to the hairline.

I drew on a license free stock photo I found to visualize what I mean.Ā 

Ā 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Personally i believe the "correct" way is the 2nd picture. Not everybody will have as much of a sloped forehead but also, bear in kind proportionally somebody could have a face that despite being not too dissimilar but due to the specific proportions looks bigger or smaller than somebody else.Ā 

When you draw the hairline, the distance from the glabella isn't imo the biggest factor. Its your frontalis muscle. The muscles on your forehead when you scrunch your brows. You need to place it just above that or it can move and looks odd for a mature person. Some naturally have very high muscles whilst some are on the shorter looking side.Ā 

That's why it's always important to make a holistic approach to a hair transplant.Ā 

1.The height of your hairline should be above all dependent on your donor

Ā 

2. They usually count based on the second picture

Ā 

Ā 

My question is where is the glabela?

Is it the middle point of the middle of the brows or the middle point of the top of the brows?

Thanks for the good explanation NARMAKĀ šŸ™‚.Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, BaldV said:

My question is where is the glabela?

Is it the middle point of the middle of the brows or the middle point of the top of the brows?

I found this about glabella:Ā 
TheĀ glabellaĀ is the smooth midline bony prominence between the supraciliary arches of the frontal bone, representing the most anterior part of the forehead when standing erect and looking straight ahead. TheĀ 
metopic sutureĀ traverses the glabella, between the twoĀ frontal bones.Ā Just below it is the bony depression, theĀ nasion.
It is usually more pronounced in males.
It is one of theĀ 
skull landmarks, craniometric points for radiological or anthropological skull measurement.

And this about the nasion:
TheĀ nasionĀ (also known asĀ bridge of the nose) is the midline bony depression between the eyes where theĀ 
frontalĀ and twoĀ nasal bonesĀ meet, just below theĀ glabella. It is one of theĀ skull landmarks: craniometric points for radiological or anthropological skull measurement.